Perth Meet, Late Feb/early March

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guest Lurker said:
Well, it doesnt have to hold that much pressure, and it doesnt matter if it leaks, so at a pinch a pile of duct tape, thread tape, a piece of garden hose and a hose clamp! Just dont let Batz or Big D see it.
It also helps to meditate and fast for a few days in a darkened room listening to recordings of whales making love then take three buds of peyote a few hours before you start. Finally, you must undertake all construction wearing nothing but a loincloth, smearings of chicken blood and a blindfold.

:lol:
i will reserve my judgement till bar posts a photo or three. ;)

cheers
big d

Crikey, the pressure is on! I better make it good, lest I be seen to be a hopeless incompetent (which I definitely am).

My cunning plan is to get everyone so drunk they wont be able to remember what the hastily cobbled together monstrosity looks like.

BF,

The date approacheth and I am just the kind of sucker to fall for your cunning plan.

Is this still a goer?

It's definitely all systems go! Saturday the 5th of March, from high noon.

Oh, and I just realised I have all this grain and no mill, would some kind soul be able to bring one along?

And the other thing I haven't figured out is chilling when doing a double pot boil. Any ideas?

Barfridge,
I am happy to throw mine in the boot. It does need electricity.

I have the worlds slowest and ugliest immersion chiller that I can bring, if I can make it, but I think I can at this stage.

I could bring my philmil but it does need a drill, preferably a variable speed drill. Do I need to bring a drill too?

What about a chiller? If all else fails, you might have to resort to a trough and a couple of bags of ice.

I certainly keen to come along but I am moving house & it is likely to be this very weekend! I will try and post back closer to the day as to wether I can make it, hopefully at worst I can pop in for a short while and drop off a few litres of the Munich Dunkel brewed at my place last time (then I dont have to worry about knocking off the keg!)

Can we have a show of hands please?

Who is coming?

Same old situation

100% definite if in Perth
0% if in Indonesia
At this point probably a 15% chance of going to Indonesia

So 85% there.

But if I go I will cycle, maybe a 1% chance of being hit by a bus on my way (GS is my idol) so call it
84% there.

Barfridge, there have been a few offers of gear, why dont you PM people directly to sort out what you need. Even if I am away you could arrange to pick up an immersion chiller and or a grain mill from my shed if necessary. Might want to think about getting the mill beforehand so we arent standing round looking at steaming hot strike water waiting for the mill man to arrive!

Planning on bringing
ESB
Ordinary bitter (2, Safale vs 1968)
Smoked mild - I think, havent tried it yet (2, 1028 vs 1098)
Maybe yet another big shit porter

Simon

Sat the 5th of March right?

I'm In....

I've got if needed(most of this stuff is just gathering dust):
-33 litre ss pot x 2
-Portable Burner (ideal for these pots)
-Matching chiller ready for the garden hose
-My trusty mill

Asher for now

Barfridge,

Im going to be in Margaret River camping at Yallingup, so unfortunately for me i cant make it. I will be sure to visit colonial brewing and have a drink for everyone.

Cheers
Al

Time I showed up at one of these gatherings and put a few faces to names.

I wish I could change the thread title, I might just make a new one to avoid any confusion.

Saturday, 5th of March is the day, and its all systems go :)

wishing wishing i could be down that way guys.the time ticks slowly by and i will be annoying you lot on a regular basis once resident in sandland. ;)

have a good one bar :chug:

:beer:
big d

Latest posts

Back