Perth Meet, Late Feb/early March

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big d said:
wishing wishing i could be down that way guys.the time ticks slowly by and i will be annoying you lot on a regular basis once resident in sandland. ;)

Figured out what area of Perth you will be in yet BigD? North or South?

Just planning ahead for your brewday :D

hi jasony
you may have missed some of my earlier posts for what ever reason but im settling in the bullsbrook region.
way north for you city folk :p but hey ive lived bush most of my life.
when im set up youre all most welcome .i will have heaps of room/ house/camping out/shed whatever. your call.return journey most likely next day as im about 1/2 hour from midland train station.betta be safe than sorry <_<

cheers
big d :beer:

Have fun guys, sounds like another top day I'm missing out on! :(

I'll be back in Sept for a week or so, dates arent confirmed yet though. I'll bring back a bunch of beers (English / Belgian / German) and hopefully arrange a tasting for those interested :)

Sounds great Kook - I'll be in that. I'm sure we can organise a brewday around that time too. The timing would be perfect for a summer larger

I have just PM'd everybody my address for the meet. Please let me know if you didn't get one (its not because I dont like you).

I applied the finishing touches to my mash tun tonight, going slightly crazy with the silicone sealant in the process. Asher has been kind enough to supply a few pieces of gear I was lacking, and de brovinks will be supplying tasty bbq fare (bless them).

Now all I have to do is some cleaning, to make the place at least semi-presentable (if it isnt, just apply those blinkers I suggested you bring along).

Looking forward to Saturday,
Barfridge (Jeff)

Opps, I forgot to add the start time for everyone:

12pm (high noon)

It looks like everything is set for a big day tomorrow.

The yeast starter has been stepped up to almost 2 litres, and is bubbling away nicely and the hops and grains have been weighed.

The only thing I am short on is chairs, and perhaps an esky or 2 would be good (I have a decent sized fridge, but I've seen how much you alcos drink, hehe).

Hoping to call in for a while, I have to go sign some lease doco's for the house I am going to be renting in the morninng and perhaps go see the builder about the cost of building the new house ..... apart from that I am hoping to call in for a couple of hours.

May chuck some old gear in my car and see if anyone wants it so I don't have to move it/ chuck it. :)

I would like to drop in but my partner has dragged me into her work to do a bit of dodgy carpentry for her, I cant complain its overtime and I don't have to justify spending the mondey on brewing toys later!!

Goat and JasonY I'm still waiting for the kegs, havent seen them yet and I owe you a few bucks each as they emailed back saying they had shipped racetrack lid kegs in place of ovals so there was a small price reduction. (I have one racetrack lid keg and it has never given problems)

Have a good day everyone

Ausdb

Thanks to Jeff and Priscilla for a very successful brew day. Hats off to barfridge for such an ambitious first all-grain brew. Cannot wait to get my teeth into that strong belgian ale.

I seem to remember some talk of a Perth Oktoberfest. This beer should be about ripe by then I reckon?

great to hear the day went well.hope you had a good turn out bar.

any photos ;)

:beer:
big d

I think Asher took a couple of photos.

Well done Mr and Mrs Fridge, plus Ruby and cats. An enjoyable afternoon with only one glass and a garlic plant as the casualties. The beer certainly looks promising at this point. Good to catch up with everyone again. Did someone say Oktoberfest? Guess I better go work out how to make one.

Heres a shot of Barfridge doughing in hid first AG brew....
GL supervising on the left Goat flanking the right
110_1050.jpg

Great day Jeff
Looking forward to sampling this one!

Asher for now

I just pitched the yeast starter, according to the strip thermometer on the fermenter it was at 20 degrees (I really distrust this, it would not drop this quickly in 3 or 4 hours). But as was discussed today, a few extra degrees is not a bad thing for a belgian, it really helps develop those flavours.

Thank you to everyone for turning up today, and helping out with the brew. A special thanks must go to Asher, for the loan of his brew gear, this helped to prevent any dodginess which may have ensued using my more primitive methods.

And everyone must have been well behaved, because Priscilla said that you were all welcome around any time, as long as you bring something nice and girly to drink :)

Thanks Jeff and Priscilla for a great afternoon. I can't wait to have a little taste of this one - in a few months anyway... I have to admit though that I was a little dissapointed in the lack of anything dodgey (as promised) - it all went a touch too smoothly !

hmm Octoberfest - it must be getting close to being my turn. About time to do a decoction or two too.

Now for the lost and found section:
- 1 black ring bound folder containing recipies and tasting notes (Tony M?)
- 1 red smiling devil bottle opener (?)
- 1 Brix to SG conversion chart (captain sensible?)
- 1 yeast vial (Goat) - has contacted me, and will come by to pick it up.

Thanks BF, great afternoon and it looks like one big beer is on the way.

The folder full of brew notes is mine, I will pm you to arrange to pick it up before ASIO find out it has been lost.

Latest posts

Back