Perth Brewday Early Nov Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build It As You Brew - BIAYB; not to be confused with BIAB... this brewing thing is getting more acronyms by the week...

Maybe my brewery should change its name from "No Idea Brewing" to "Field of Dreams" Brewery, as the voice says quietly to me.

"If you build it they will come"

Well done AusDB for a well constructed brew day, must be the biggest attempted yet on AHB.

Below some pics of attendees.

The full story is now in the gallery
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...=si&img=577

people2.jpg

people1.jpg

Another great day - thanks Darryn and Megan.

An truly amazing effort to get that to come together so smoothly.

Thanks Darryn for another great brew day. Should be able to do the next one with your eyes closed after that effort. Well done.

Thanks Darryn, and Megan,

My garden also thanks you, and with a little luck, we will have atleast a few bottles of golden promise-watermelon-wheat beer to share mid january.

BUGGER, missed it!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Was at work all bloody day!! know where I'd rather have been though!!! Oh well maybe next time!!!

Looks like a great day was had by all though!

Grab

Hey Guys,

i had such an awesome day, the beers were very tasty the bbq was great, everyone was very friendly, i learnt so much and walked away inspired

i cant thank you enough

Rob.

A new standard in brewdays has been set. I fear you have priced us all out of the game. And my kids were stoked with the toy collection. Thanks to Megan and Darryn.

DB

Quick question for all the people who took home a fresh wort pack from the Rememberance Day WBBD.

How are they fermenting?? a few status reports would be good.

Hey ausdb,

Mine has been bubbling steady since about 6pm Saturday Night @ 19 Degrees,
i didnt put the tap on so i havent been able to measure the sg yet but i'll prolly
rack to secondary and measure it then. i only recently got back from the uk
and thoroughly enjoyed the ales over there so i'm hanging out for this one!

Rob.

The yeast was pitched on Sunday morning, 19c, 8hrs later it was sporting a healthy white krausen.
Unfortunately the only free fermentation fridge is struggling with the hot weather and it has taken off to 25c, the krausen is now about 50mm and giving off a sulphur smell that you get with lagers.

Thanks to ausdb for putting on such a great show.

Was great to meet a bunch of AHB'ers and taste some fantastic homebrew...

Can't wait till the next one :)

dougy

I pitched the yeast late-ish Saturday night after vigorously shaking the pail with the lid on to max the O2. By mid Sunday morning it had a decent krausen and was off! It was hard to keep the temp under control once the ferment was underway and I took a gravity reading tonight - 1.014 and very clear. Gave it a gentle rouse to clean up and will possibly rack tomorrow but might just wait and bottle straight from primary in 3-4 days.

BTW - the gravity sample tasted spot on with a complex malt taste(I call it a fluffy malt taste :blink: - same as TTLS) and as I suspected this is going to be a humdinger. Thanks again Darryn! :beer:

Pitched my yeast straight into a starter and it was off like a rocket within an hour. Certainly some healthy yeast in there. And ready to be pitched into a bitter tomorrow.

starter_email.JPG

Thanks again Ausdb!

Heya Guys,

Just racked to secondary after a week in primary, measured the SG = 1.008
it was really clear and tasted awesome!

if i leave it in secondary for a week what would i expect the FG to be or what should it be? (the OG=1.048)

Thanks Rob.

Mine is still fermenting, with decent krausen, might have somehtito do with the very small headspace of the vessel, but seems to me taking along time, I also neglected to aerate the wort prior to pitching...

Gave it a gentle rouse to clean up and will possibly rack tomorrow but might just wait and bottle straight from primary in 3-4 days.

That yeast seems to have similar characteristics to 1968 which could mean it is a diacetyl producer, I wouldnt take it off the yeast cake too soon, better to bottle from primary than to rack.

Mine started to floc out at 1.012 but after a spot of rausin' the krausen, up popped anther big white fluffy head.
If it does'nt drop by tomorrow night then I'll have to take a cricket bat to it.

Back