Perth Brewday Early Nov Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a thought, can anyone spare some bottles for the Xmas Case?
If you can, bring 'em along to the brewday tomorrow, cheers.

I don't mind buying two boxes of Coopers PET bottles, but some might not like getting them in their case.

Cheers again,
Simo

Just had a thought, can anyone spare some bottles for the Xmas Case?
If you can, bring 'em along to the brewday tomorrow, cheers.

I don't mind buying two boxes of Coopers PET bottles, but some might not like getting them in their case.

Cheers again,
Simo
You are not too late to come along

Coopers PET bottles are just fine!

Ummm...I'm keen and everything...but where is it ? :unsure:

Cheers for a fantastic Brew Day Darryn.
Cheers to all for the beer sampling, the quantity and quality of beers was overwhelming and it was good to see a bunch of new faces looking to advance their hobby.
Now it's time for nye-nyes :D

Ausdb

Great day. What an exercise in multitasking. Three mash tuns, a couple of HLTs and kettles all requiring attention and you made it look easy. Well done. Wish I could have stayed till the end.

Can't wait to sample the results.

Thanks again.

Spot on, great day, thanks ausdb!
Thanks also to those that freely gave samples of their brews.

Mammoth brew!
I was well impressed with the last-minute-brewery effort, brazing a spigot onto the hopback at the end of the boil :D

Thanks Darryn for a seriously fun day!

Was good to catch up with everyone again, and thanks for letting me try so many tasty brews!

Thanks everyone for coming along and making it a great day, it's good to see some new faces as well as old ones the Perth craftbrewing community is really growing. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to talk much to everyone but although it didn't look like it at times I did enjoy myself. It was a journey into the unknown as my previous biggest batch size has been 60L.

Many thanks to all who helped out here and there throughout the day especially GL, sorry I forgot to feed everyone thanks to BigAl & Asher for cooking (I thought it was you at the bbq)

OOPs forgot one MANY MANY Thanks to Megan my partner for all her efforts in helping to get this thing off the ground and indulging me in my hobby!

To those who didn't take wort home I forgot to pass out the small yeast samples. I still have a 10L starter in the fridge which I will rack off tomorrow and split into some containers to bring along to WCB on Monday night as well as the small 1st generation samples in the tubes.

The 1st kettles gravity (my coke can one) was 1.048 I think the last fermenter filled out of that kettle was Randyrobs.

The 2nd kettle (Vlads MOABK) came out above 1.050 (Vlad can you please check and report back).

The target gravity for the beer was 1.044 so both can be diluted down if you would like. I will post the recipe and brew session information some time soon.

Please search the Timothy Taylor yeast thread from post #121
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...161&st=120#
for info on fermenting the yeast, at the moment we are just learning how to use it. It is flocculent and chunky as you saw so may need a bit of a rouse but also throws a pretty dense and thick head and seems to work well around the 19-20C mark.

Cleanup is almost done, kettles cleaned and everything in napisan to soak. Interesting to note that I poured about 8L of hop spooge and trub out of Vlads MOABK, being the son of a Yorkshire man and waste not want not I poured this into a sanitised bucket and added a kettleful of boiling water, I will drain htis off tomorrow. Conversley the coke can kettle with diverter plate had less than half that amount and the hop debris had much less wort left in it. Thanks to Sinkas and Chillamacgilla for taking the spent grain home for the garden/chooks that was one thing less to deal with.

Good night and Good Luck
I am Knackered!

PS Asparagus special hop backs may soon be available from No Idea brewing stay tuned!
PS2 Lost property will be brought to the WCB meeting on Monday night, so far I have Ashers daypack, a chair in a bag, a pair of metal frame sunnies and will add to the list whatever I find tomorrow when its daylight.

Well I think that was my latest arrival ever. I missed out on all the fun, plus I hear lunch was spectacular. Cheers Darryn for hosting everybody, the tribe seems to be growing.

Oh well, that's life. Roll on the next one!

Thanks for a most entertaining day Darryn. The 'build it as you brew system' worked like a charm. I was most impressed with your April (better than a March) pump. I shall be cruising the verges with a tool kit for the next few months to try and score a similar setup.

PB110015.JPG

The other thing that impressed were the Kegmobiles. They appear to be becoming a "must have " accessory.
PB110018.JPG
The tinkling internal font flood waterfall in this one makes you want to pee whenever you walk past.

PB110019.JPG
Thought "I Goo" was some sort of spam but in fact was a good beer.

PB110020.JPG
Dont know who owned this but he can make beer.

PB110021.JPG
Finally, the latest 2006 model constructed from insulated PVC pipe. It looks as though the beer would stay cold for a week.

big thanks to ausdb for letting us invade his house!

nice to meet everyone and I also tasted some really nice beers yesterday.

simon's nugget summer ale is right up there with my other favourite beers!

Great brewday Ausdb, havent seen anyone work as hard as that on a brewday, hats off for pulling it off.
I think Tony described it well, build it as you brew.....3 mash tuns, 2 kettles, brazing up the hopback 5 minutes before its needed...briliant. :D

Cheers, and thanks to Megan also.

Thanks guys for a great day, a big day with alot of nice beer.
Top stuff :beer:

Build It As You Brew - BIAYB; not to be confused with BIAB... this brewing thing is getting more acronyms by the week...

Fantastic arvo - you've seriously never seen anyone as calm yet constantly busy as Ausdb, as he to'd and fro'd at a fair clip between Point A to B, sidestepping the 20-odd observers who seemed to be constantly in his way. Thanks for hosting such an ambitious day. :beer:

Many thanks to those who brought some beers along for sample - did not have a bad beer all arvo. Scene of the day for me came about when kook shared out a bottle of Dorado from CA; in which we saw a large number of beer-geeks standing around with their nose in their glasses... and not drinking. :blink: Nice beer too.

Looking forward to a summer spectacular brew day...

Ant

Thanks very much for a great day AusDB(& Megan), fantastic work. An ambitious brewday that ran like clockwork without any hiccups...well I didn't notice any and it all seemed under control. I tasted some fantastic beers that are a credit to the brewers. :beer:

Latest posts

Back