• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Perlick 545ss & handles [MELB]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
Bought two of these 545SS faucets including Perlick brand handles in the recent bulk buy at a great price of $80 each including the handle.

The flow control levers are quite hard to operate and Perlick sent me replacements under warranty and let me keep these. I was going to go 4 taps on my kegerator but decided not to for the time being. So looking to sell these to a good home.

They work perfectly in terms of pouring beer, forward sealing and controlling the flow, it's just I'd suggest setting the flow and leaving it rather than adjusting every pour as they can be firm to operate the flow control lever. I've used them to pour one keg each over one night at a recent family get together and they worked perfectly.

I've just pulled them completely apart, soaked in PBW all parts, rinsed thoroughly and sanitized with starsan. I then lubed all seals and reassembled. The flow control levers operate great with fresh lube! But they do "firm up" with use (TWSS). Some users have teported they then loosen up again after time but I havent been able to confirm as havent used them long enough. Check my other thread on this in gear and equipment.

They are in bubble wrap so clean and ready to plug in and use straight away, if concerned flush starsan through but I'd day that's overkill as I'm thorough with my cleaning.

Fair asking price given they have got the small described issue with the flow control lever including the handles is $140 for both.

Current RRP for these including handles is $89 for the tap and $7.50 for the handle.

Prefer pickup in Melb but would consider posting at buyers cost and risk yada yada.

1406159686355.jpg

1406159699791.jpg

1406159712272.jpg

1406159723796.jpg

1406159735965.jpg

1406159748187.jpg

Maybe I'll be forced into going a 4 tap kegerator after all... lol

I am a bit surprised you've had no bites.

My taps are from the same buy, but I haven't used them yet...haven't bought a font or even a keezer to put the font on yet !

If my taps are stiff too I'll probably just persist with them.

Yep I thought they'd be getting picked up by someone this weekend by now!

The stiffness really isn't a big deal, I just made sure I declared it so everything is above board. If anything being stiff ensures they will retain the flow setting you pick where as my new ones when pouring a beer if you knock the lever with the glass it will change the setting. Again all this is just nit picking. At the end of the day these are fantastic stainless taps that seal incredibly well and pour a perfect beer :) :) :)

North-east mate, near Heidelberg/Greensborough

If these are still up for grabs, Ill take them as long as your willing to ship to Brisbane :)

Back