Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cox was getting angry for a moment there, as sensible people do when facing cretin-like imbeciles. But he calmed down and realised if you argue endlessly with an idiot, you make an idiot of yourself. Empirical evidence that Roberts is a knob-head.

Malcom Roberts mistakes not understanding the data for the data not existing. Even somthing as basic as a trend line is beyond his comprehension. He avoids the question of why agencies such as Nasa and the Australian BOM would collude to falsify climate records. He's quick to claim conspiratorial acts of subterfuge by scientists worldwide but fails to put forward reasons as to why they would do so.

manticle said:
I hope everyone who voted for ON is as embarassed as they deserve to be.
Nope.. they will be gunning for the ABC, saying he was setup to look stupid

I hope the LNP ( and especially Malcolm ) watched that episode and thought " What the **** are we going to do now "

The problem is that when they start pointing out how stupid O.N. looks the Facebook army will scream as allowed/aloud* as they can. You know the ones, the ones that go on about all Muslims are terorrists and such. Its a battle of stupidity you can never win

* actual facebook speak

Ducatiboy stu said:
Nope.. they will be gunning for the ABC, saying he was setup to look stupid
He didn't need the ABC to prove that.

Too hard to see the telly with white sheets over their heads...

I'm amazed at how well Brian Cox kept his temper in check.

One of the things about Cox, is that while he has that almost angelic smile on him, I've seen him fly off on people when they've really pushed him with their ignorance. I don't blame him for that for even a second; imagine having his mind and constantly being on panels to debate people with the intellect (I apply the word in its loosest possible definition) of Malcolm Roberts. There were a couple of moments where I thought 'shit, he's going to lose it now!' but he managed to bring his face back from almost cramping up with the pain of the ceaseless stupid smacking into it.

Roberts works to the same formula that the Tea Party, Fox commentators, Cory Bernardis etc. do. It boils down to strongly denying everything which even mildly suggests that what they believe may have flaws in it. Incredibly, they deny it from a position where everything not just mildly suggests but strongly demonstrates that nearly everything they believe is utterly and completely out of step with reality.

I still cannot quite decide if I believe that these people actually believe the bullshit they are spouting, or if they are that cynical that they are willing to speak such garbage, to gain and maintain a following of people who will gobble it all up. I also cannot decide whether the former or the latter is more frightening.

It was quite painful watching this looney debate something that he clearly has no understanding of. Amusing, but painful. And scary when you consider that some morons actually voted for him. It's the same old tired bullshit though, neatly summed up in this graphic, although they left out the bit that often happens where people who accept the data are labelled as sheeple or shills...

Science denial.png

manticle said:
I hope everyone who voted for ON is as embarassed as they deserve to be.
They are probably about as embarrassed as those who believe in climate change and have done bugger all to stop dragging their carbon boot prints all over the planet. And half as embarrassed as those who think that God won't let climate change happen.

Was listening to "Talking Pictures" the other day, the cartoonist was bemoaning the absence of Tony Abbot and the sudden reduction in the size of the universal funny field.
I think ON will provide lots of opportunities to poke fun, exercise sarcasm, even whit...
So I suppose there is an upside to everything even these f'whits.
M

Vini2ton said:
Cox was getting angry for a moment there, as sensible people do when facing cretin-like imbeciles. But he calmed down and realised if you argue endlessly with an idiot, you make an idiot of yourself. Empirical evidence that Roberts is a knob-head.
I would have encouraged held nothing against Cox if he fashioned that report into a tightly wound cylinder and smacked Roberts in the side of the head with it.

Dave70 said:
I would have encouraged held nothing against Cox if he fashioned that report into a tightly wound cylinder wrapped around a solid steel bar and smacked Roberts in the side of the head with it.
FTFY

Most idiots end up wearing down a rational person due their superior ignorance and blind faith in what they are saying.
The normal or rational person realises it is like ramming your head against a brick wall, Pointless.

arctic78 said:
Most idiots end up wearing down a rational person due their superior ignorance and blind faith in what they are saying.
The normal or rational person realises it is like ramming your head against a brick wall, Pointless.
Advocating science and the pursuit of truth is never.....NEVER pointless.

Back