Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Hole....lee...****...

When she is sitting next to Senator Dastyari and he says that he is a Muslim...she didnt even ******* know.... :lol:

One more addition to the list of things Pauline doesn't know, starting with Xenophobe...
Mark

But she's so eloquent in expressing her well thought out and completely logical arguments...

/sarcasm

MHB said:
One more addition to the list of things Pauline doesn't know, starting with Xenophobe...
Mark
Its a much quicker option to list all of the things that Pauline does know, starting with Jackshit. Twill be interesting on the cross benches every time that she encounters Senator Xenophon :D

PAULINE FOR RM!
now there's some big shoes to fill.

Hopefully she will be the greatest gift to Australia in illustrating how utterly embarrassing and unacceptable ignorance, intolerance & disrespect is.
Rather than something to be proudly defended. As is currently the redneck or Far Right norm.

I'm not saying everything's peachy and there's no room for discontent. But her version is anathema to what I would've thought is the core spirit of Australian culture - fairness, tolerance and decency.

You are spot on Technobabbles - these guys just undo themselves by virtue of opening their mouths. At their peak they once actually had 11 members elected into the Queensland State Government. They had a voice, they commanded attention and they were all discredited and done with in due course.

seems to be a climate for ignorance, intolerance & disrespect, e.g Trump,
Pauline never did answer if she was hateful, ignorant or scared, my guess is all 3

It was gobsmackingly beautiful to watch her last night...Your Honor... I rest my case

Mikedub said:
seems to be a climate for ignorance, intolerance & disrespect, e.g Trump,
Pauline never did answer if she was hateful, ignorant or scared, my guess is all 3
Ironically, another topic she seems to think is in need of 'debate'. I guess she finds a 97%, give or take scientific consensus for anthropogenic climate change unconvincing.
Frankly I couldn't give a Tuppenny **** for the hurt feelings of religious minorities or the far left, its when she starts stammering away on issues such a vaccination and its links to autism and cancer, that will cost lives and cause misery.
Perhaps she was asked to 'please explain' her views on Q & A?
I don't know. I didn't bother watching. I'm not that much of a masochist.

madpierre06 said:
"to address the factors that give rise to her seeming to be a voice for the disaffected"
That is the key point both here and with Trump in the US. Successive Australian governments have failed to serve the people properly, but rather follow the ideology of their extreme factions. That is not what people want, people what good governance with good outcomes for all. We have not seen this since the Hawke/Keating era, and they were not even popular with their own voters for many years after the fact, but, their policies were good for the country and the people.

So now, we see the rise of the disaffected. Not sure if this election will result in change from any party, but I certainly hope so!

The world has changed significantly, and the balance of power and wealth has also moved. This has developed pockets of people who have seen their traditional, largely manual, work dry up. Without the opportunities for re-training or education, and/or perhaps because their abilities are simply mismatched to the expectations/demands of society, these people are marginalised further. This breeds discontent; and these people are afraid of their uncertain future.

Fear causes people to lash out.

Just like Trump and the Leave campaign of Brexit, her success is completely due to being able to recognise these disaffected people and simplify their problems into nice, easy-to-understand divisions of "us vs them". Hell, even the widely accepted political "left vs right" is total bullshit. Everything is a continuum (except when we get to quantum scales like the Plank length x10^-34m :ph34r: )

People want to believe the explanation that's the most simple. It sure is easier to say that "all muslims are bad" rather than delve into the infinite complexity of reality.

Dave70 said:
Ironically, another topic she seems to think is in need of 'debate'. I guess she finds a 97%, give or take scientific consensus for anthropogenic climate change unconvincing.
Frankly I couldn't give a Tuppenny **** for the hurt feelings of religious minorities or the far left, its when she starts stammering away on issues such a vaccination and its links to autism and cancer, that will cost lives and cause misery.
No, she wasn't asked about her vaccination views. I was waiting and hoping but it didn't happen.

I think she should have asked one of the Muslim questioners if they thought that death was an appropriate punishment for apostasy.

Dave70 said:
Oooh yes.
Her anti vaxx views show her complete scientific ignorance of the issue.I do a lot of work with ASD groups and the 'vaccines cause autism' bullshit pisses everyone off massively.Pseudoscience and woonacy.

pcmfisher said:
No, she wasn't asked about her vaccination views. I was waiting and hoping but it didn't happen.

I think she should have asked one of the Muslim questioners if they thought that death was an appropriate punishment for apostasy.

I don't think she could pronounce apostasy

Like I said, she won't last. Whoever's looking after her was crazy to let her go on Q and A! She doesn't possess the intellectual skills to carry on a decent debate about anything really. She's a one trick pony and quite honestly I'm embarrassed by the fact that my countryfolk have elected her to be an Australian federal senator. She is offensive to the extreme and her only saving grace is that she keeps right-minded people focused on how they should not think. Adolf would of creamed his jodphers.

Back