Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
But they are oh so good
especially with a hefe, or mild pale.... or even apa or IPA... hell just give me the box already- what are we married or somethin!!

I bought some Porter soaked cheddar not long back from the local butcher.( the have a deli section.... :icon_drool2: ) ..man was that awesome with cracked pepper crackers

Well....I tried a few things

Coopers Sparkling Ale
Sheaf Stout
Merlot
Shiraz

And I still cant pick a favorite. I will get some more, but it was about $40kg and the wedge I got was about $15, but I will get some more

All of this cheese talk is making me peckish and thirsty. Need stinky blue stilton plain crackers and chocolate vanilla porter...

Which reminds me, Bocconcini with cracked pepper crackers is what I am eating now...bastards mad me hungry

Bhuja mix, IPA, and Netflix.

What a great Fri night.

Edit: And none of this has anything to do with Pauline Hanson. Even better.

MHB said:
Remember how annoying the "no chill will give you botulism" discussion got - well where getting there again.

I was selling fresh wort kits at the time, duty of care and all that, so I raised the question with my insurance broker, sent then a process description, ingredients all that and asked the question.
They couldn't answer, eventually the question went up the line to the CDC in the US who have the best botulism computer model in the world...
My insurer saw no need to raise my premium, there is/was an acknowledged risk but it was less than getting hit by lightning.

In this case there is a risk, it is still being assessed, the weight of evidence is pretty conclusive, the down side is potentially so big, the counter evidence so poor that the odds of climate change being a danger to us all is the way to bet.

Mark
This. If climate change is wrong and we try to do something about it, the worst case scenario is that we might slow or pause economic growth. If climate change is right and we do nothing, we're fucked. Not fucked as in Australia losing the ashes again (I'm a POM, it's an ancient English law that I have to mention it), but fucked as in gone, done, dusted, sayonara human life on earth. Personally, I don't give a shit who's right, but I'm voting for the party who understand what at stake.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I bought some Porter soaked cheddar not long back from the local butcher.( the have a deli section.... :icon_drool2: ) ..man was that awesome with cracked pepper crackers
If you like cheddar, if you get the chance, visit and try the real stuff. The milk is from grass fed cows that live on limestone escarpments, and it creamy, minerally with a sharp, lactic twang. Still reckon it's sacrilege to call anything but cheddar from Cheddar, cheddar.

Woolies had a strong Dorset cheddar not so long back, best I have found at the moment without going to Vic Market is the Aldi Strong English cheddar

Blind Dog said:
This. If climate change is wrong and we try to do something about it, the worst case scenario is that we might slow or pause economic growth. If climate change is right and we do nothing, we're fucked. Not fucked as in Australia losing the ashes again (I'm a POM, it's an ancient English law that I have to mention it), but fucked as in gone, done, dusted, sayonara human life on earth. Personally, I don't give a shit who's right, but I'm voting for the party who understand what at stake.
Climate change won't get the chance to wipe us out there's a bloody big asteroid only 150 years off hitting us, that'll do the job admirably.

Keep up!

Ed: Yes I know: sodium Perc. Possibly looks like next weekend :unsure:

Blind Dog said:
If you like cheddar, if you get the chance, visit and try the real stuff. The milk is from grass fed cows that live on limestone escarpments, and it creamy, minerally with a sharp, lactic twang. Still reckon it's sacrilege to call anything but cheddar from Cheddar, cheddar.
This stuff was imported from England

Back