Party Keg Charger Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matho

The Braumiser
Reaction score
hi guy's

i have two kegs sitting at home but haven't had the time or money to set up a keg system

i was just wondering what you guy think of naturally carbing a keg and use one of these

party_20keg.jpg

to dispense with.

its about $90 from one of the sponsers which i could slip by the minister of finance and it would get me using my kegs
and then when i do get a kegging setup sorted i could use it for parties

what are your thoughts

cheer's matho

hi guy's

i have two kegs sitting at home but haven't had the time or money to set up a keg system

i was just wondering what you guy think of naturally carbing a keg and use one of these

View attachment 37450

to dispense with.

its about $90 from one of the sponsers which i could slip by the minister of finance and it would get me using my kegs
and then when i do get a kegging setup sorted i could use it for parties

what are your thoughts

cheer's matho

Naturally carbonating a keg is a good idea and you can trim the liquid tube a bit to suck up less / no residue.
The challenge would be that over time your beer is likely to have less and less carbonation if you use the party trick.
Another option might be a Sodastream adapter with a low priced regulator which you might be able to sneak past in a couple of inconspicuous transactions? That way you might have enough pressure and you would get a good idea on what the pressure is.

Cheers

Roller

i go through 3 just to dispense my 9 L keg

you can get regulators second hand for about $10 if you know where to look (second hand industrial supplies even metal recyclers i have managed to scored 5 and haven't paid a cent) and a soda stream adapters about $30 and the soda stream cylinder is about $30 ( i think and $13 for a swap??) plus $30 for all the hose fittings and picnic tap.

all up about $100. just have a hunt for the regulator if you can find one then your set!!

thanks guys for your response's

i have an old cornelius reg that i need to get a new gauge for should only cost about $20

by the looks of it i should just save up and buy a 2.6kg bottle for $199

i looked at the sodastream option but at $99 for the first bottle and $30 refills + $35 for the adaptor i would be better off buying a co2 bottle.

has anyone had trouble using picnic taps?

cheer's matho

I used the carbonate in the keg and dispense with a bulb system for years.

If you are careful and can handle varying levels of carbonation eg high carb at the start of the keg and low carbonation at the end, you can get by with one or 2 bulbs per keg.
I found the cheapest place to buy the refill bulbs was the local bike shop who use them to inflate tyres.

Still 1 or 2 bulbs to dispense a keg adds a huge cost to your per batch costs.

As for the picnic taps, I have been using them for 3 years and they have never skipped a beat. A great budget alternative.

just murder your wife, sell her organs and buy a full kegging setup.

I thought about doing it like this and bluk priming to save on gas but doing it propperly with a 2.6kg Bottle pays for it's self pretty quickly and the money you save you can buy a propper tap(s and a font). But I drink a bit, my house mate and I probably empty 1.5 kegs a week.

I have am 11 litre ss keg which I fill after bulk priming , the rest of the 23l goes into bottle

let it carbonate for about 3 months

then dispense using this system

works for me

if you drink the 11 litres in one seating , with help from others , you get most of it out

Back