King Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 11 days in the King Keg so time for a sample, ordinary bitter still a bit green but seems to be progressing nicely.
IMG_0199 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_0200 - Copy.JPG

Is there any reason why a corny keg lid couldn't be designed that would take screw in bags? I'd rather not buy the plastic keg that wouldn't quite fit in with my setup.

Is that an A-type, and if so do you have any other pics showing the connections? I'm less interested in it being $12 than I am the fact that it appears to be low profile, given the biggest issue with A-types is how tall they are.
Well as the kegs are made with A & C type couplings they would be be one for each I would imagine.
IMG_0226 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Is there any reason why a corny keg lid couldn't be designed that would take screw in bags? I'd rather not buy the plastic keg that wouldn't quite fit in with my setup.
I doubt that it would be commercially viable. The King Kegs are for commercial breweries and wineries I just think that with the bag they are ideal for home brewers for serving what is more or less a cask ale. Two good reasons the King Keg with bag is it saves the expense of a beer engine and are easily transportable no gas needed, then the 10 litre keg is an ideal party keg.

Fair enough. Although a modified corny keg lid would sell like hotcakes and would ship easily on a global scale, and it's not like small bars and breweries don't use cornies. It would result in more cask-ish ales in a lot more places.

Emailed Kegking about these and the bags are not yet available, same with the plastic A type couplings it seems

Would be open to a 10 and 20L (Both with Bags) to go under my bar for cask ale, probably get a party pump and some form of flow control tap etc with a stout tap

Last edited:
Emailed Kegland about these and the bags are not yet available, same with the plastic A type couplings it seems

Would be open to a 10 and 20L (Both with Bags) to go under my bar for cask ale, probably get a party pump and some form of flow control tap etc with a stout tap
Did you email Kegland or KegKing?

The ones in this thread at KegKing.

Kegland were working on bags that were to go inside corny kegs (with a new lid) but ran into burst issues on some scenarios and looks like it was put on the back burner.

Latest posts

Back