Ozbrewers Toys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kungy, i think mine is just as effeciant as a normal cfc, but more compact....i wouldent be worried about the minimum of copper when gravity feeding, i would be more worried about maximum, to much, and it will take way to long work its way through

9mtrs seems about right, i realy didnt measure mine, but its about that or a little more

kungy, i have a brewgoliath 6m cfc. it drops the temp from 5mins after flameout(boiling) to high 20's. 20 - 23l takes about 15 - 20mins. i could probably tweak to be faster, but 10mins out of 4 or 5 hours is neglible. besides, by this time, i usually have a brew in hand & am starting to relax, with only some cleaning up to do :)

i think it is limited by the wort copper size, which in my case is 3/8". increasing water flow just means cooler water exiting the coil. perhaps ozbrewer can give some info on pipe sizes & exit temps ....

ozbrewer said:
kungy, i think mine is just as effeciant as a normal cfc, but more compact....i wouldent be worried about the minimum of copper when gravity feeding, i would be more worried about maximum, to much, and it will take way to long work its way through

9mtrs seems about right, i realy didnt measure mine, but its about that or a little more
[post="78327"][/post]​

Oz you may chill to the same degree as a normal CFC but your going to use a lot more water

how do you come up with that theory Ausdb?

without measuring the actual water i take out of the cfc, i think im using less than i used to with my old cfc, i use less tap pressure, but i have more water actually sitting in the container......in fact i would think im using 1/2 the water than a tube in hose cfc, i would have the tap full open on my old cfc to get the wort chilled enough...

its some camp matresses from Dimmies, $5 each

Hey ozbrewer

Can you give me the address and number for Dimmies and were they on special for $5? thats a nice price.

Cheers
Jye

i got mine at the D bay store but have a look at www.dimmeys.com.au

well Mr Hankey came last night baring gifts.......and still more to come tomorrow, but here is what i have so far

buster.jpg
my new brewing assistant....buster

keg1.jpg
a tote a keg featuring a brand new 12 ltr keg

keg2.jpg
the inside

Looking like a great haul this year Oz.
Well done.

Beers,
Doc

Merry XMAS! Saw the totes at my LHBS yesterday. Tell me about the wee gas bottle?

the gas bottle is a soda stream bottle

the esky is from the lacal camp shop, and the keg was from brewers world

ozbrewer said:
the gas bottle is a soda stream bottle

the esky is from the lacal camp shop, and the keg was from brewers world
[post="99413"][/post]​

Where is best to look for the soda stream gas bottle?

Screwtop said:
Where is best to look for the soda stream gas bottle?
[post="99442"][/post]​

I'm not positive but I think you might be able to buy them from the likes of K-Mart and BigW etc.
I bought a couple of them online from http://www.sodastream.com.au/retail/Home.asp
You can exchange the empty bottles for full ones at the above mentioned stores. I think it costs about $15 to exchange a bottle. I don't really use them these days. I use the little co2 bulbs instead since they are much more portable.
bulb.jpg

I like the brand new 12L keg, nice and shiny :)
I'm sure it wasn't cheap, the second hand ones are around $100 these days.

Latest posts

Back