Orchard Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider yourself lucky you didn't try the raspberry wheat. That one certainly was mad and not in a good way.

I tried a pint of this on tuesday night.

Was pretty good, pretty subtle flavours though. The Saison flavour was mild but pleasant as to the apple.

I just didn't think it was very 'mad', only 5% and no big flavours.

I thought they would have released prior to xmas as it is a good summer drink....it still is summer but not the festive season.

So overall I liked it, it was a good beer and it was different but not truely 'mad'. I did love the commerative ale and i didn't try the raspberry wheat.

yeh brewers are not that smart, its not until they feel the heat of summer that the think they should start brewing summer beer.

Anyone seen this available in SEQ?

I seem to only see these at Vintage Cellars - guy looked at me blankly when I mentioned the word saison. :huh:

Kev

you can get some at a little shop on the corner of sandgate and beams in virginia.

i know cos i got it there today and am drinking it right now. it's really quite nice. not OMG I"M IN HEAVEN but it's a different flavour that doesn't kill you trying to be unique.

Hi all
drinking this right now. I haven't tried a saison or similar but for 8.99 a bottle it is not worth it in my opinion. second glass was much better and can taste a little bit more apple. I like the slight dryness but seems a bit thin (guessing that is from the wine yeast ??????) but then again i dont know the style. However I certainly wont buy it again. Oh buy the way the rose hotel bottle shop in erskineville has it and many other good beers if you live in the area. I like my homebrew better.
Cheers Silas

Hi all
drinking this right now. I haven't tried a saison or similar but for 8.99 a bottle it is not worth it in my opinion. second glass was much better and can taste a little bit more apple. I like the slight dryness but seems a bit thin (guessing that is from the wine yeast ??????) but then again i dont know the style. However I certainly wont buy it again. Oh buy the way the rose hotel bottle shop in erskineville has it and many other good beers if you live in the area. I like my homebrew better.
Cheers Silas

If you haven't tried a saison before you really must. Get yourself to Platinum Cellars or another great bottleshop and buy a bottle of Saison Dupont. It is the classic and is a true example of the style.

If you haven't tried a saison before you really must. Get yourself to Platinum Cellars or another great bottleshop and buy a bottle of Saison Dupont. It is the classic and is a true example of the style.

Yeah will do it is on the list. I will bump it up the list now it is on my mind. Thanks for the tip.
Cheers silas

Had it last night. Much too sweet. Lacks any of the spicy dry finish that Saisons should have. I did like the amount of apple though. Personally I found Ephemere to be too overpowering with the apple, and thought this had a better balance. That being said, I didn't like this beer much.

For some reason I picked up a bottle for 6 bucks... That seems pretty cheap?

Found this in my local bottlo last night while picking up takeaway.
Haven't tried many commercial Saisons, but this one was very quaffable.

Back