On Average How Long Does Your Beer Last?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i average about a keg a week it is probable less but my fortnightly poker (beer?) nights seems to give it a hammering

Since buying the keg set up I have blown at least 1 keg a week, sometimes more........ the boys are digging the bar and the beers..... hmmm might have to put a donation/tip cup out for the brew fund.....

I conducted some calculations in a spreadsheet and determined that, If I drank 1 tallie a day, on average, with 90 bottles in rotation, I need to put down a brew every 3 weeks.

I'm sure you can see the problem.

I don't drink 1 tallie per night on average, nor do I put down a brew every 3 weeks.

But it was a good theory. :icon_cheers:

if my new chocolate stuff is anything to go by, i've drunk four bottles. I bottled it on Wednesday... who need carbonation? ... :huh:

funny how it goes innit?!

Are you serious?? Do you work? That's insane!! That's 12 stubbies each day!

I suppose it depends on different peoples occupations,climate ect.how thirsty one feels.

If I worked inside in an air conditioned office,I'd never feel like a beer.Hence would partake less often,working outside in summer i'd feel more inclined,more often :icon_cheers:

Well, it's kinda hard to tell really.... I have 13 kegs, 6 taps on the fridge, 4 taps that are good for parties.. or just tapping a spare keg etc, and all kegs will fit into fridges (I have 3). Well actually, they don't all fit, but 12 of them do.. and I usually have a few empty. I usually brew at least every 2 weeks.. and I brew 2 kegs. I usually go through about a keg a week, but I have a mate who's a pretty hard drinker that comes by 1-2 times a week, drinking at least 6-8 400ml glasses, so up to 6-7litres a week.

The great part of having so many kegs is that I put one on tap within a week, and the other one doesn't usually get put on for 3-4 weeks. The second keg is usually better.

Well, it's kinda hard to tell really.... I have 13 kegs, 6 taps on the fridge, 4 taps that are good for parties.. or just tapping a spare keg etc, and all kegs will fit into fridges (I have 3). Well actually, they don't all fit, but 12 of them do.. and I usually have a few empty. I usually brew at least every 2 weeks.. and I brew 2 kegs. I usually go through about a keg a week, but I have a mate who's a pretty hard drinker that comes by 1-2 times a week, drinking at least 6-8 400ml glasses, so up to 6-7litres a week.

The great part of having so many kegs is that I put one on tap within a week, and the other one doesn't usually get put on for 3-4 weeks. The second keg is usually better.

Mate drink as much as you like,as i do.People who ask how much others consume is their problem,not yours.

They just want to understand normal,poor bastards <_<

always within reason of course

There is a point that you can determine how many kegs / bottles you need for you consumption versuses your process and capacity to produce beer.

Quantum brewer?

Fear_n_Loath

Totally about perspective, I agree - butI am honestly stunned by the amount of booze some people here go through! 12 beers / 6 longnecks is a night out for me - but it seems like an average tuesday night for many people!! I couldn't function if I drank that much each day!

I SPILL THAT MUCH ON A NIGHT OUT ! :icon_drunk:

I SPILL THAT MUCH ON A NIGHT OUT ! :icon_drunk:

Yeah me too, 12 schooners is an average weekend night, prob 4-6 after work most nights, having said that i havnt had a beer for a week not drinking on nightshift any more :icon_cheers:

Paul

Well, looks like I am in for a laziness enforced dry spell.....

Went to have a beer from the first tap tonight, blew dry, went for the second one instead, it blew dry. Given I only have 4 kegs, one was already awaiting a refill and one had soda water in it this means no beer, then, just as an act of mockery the soda keg blew dry 10 minutes later when I went to get the little one a glass to have with dinner.......

First time ever the entire keg fridge has been empty.

On avrage id drink 6 stubbies or three long necks a night. After my homebrew is ready to drink it lasts about two months cause i also tend to still buy a lot of beer. I try to keep one long neck from each batch and age it for a year.
I might have an AFD today? I have not had one in nearly three weeks.

in summer and holidays the poor brewery was getting hammered - about 2 kegs a week - this however is followed by less drinking as i run out quickly at that rate

6-8 beers a night is about the average (sorry liver)

I bottle in PET. Was drinking a 2L a night (5 schooners) but I started turning into a fat shit.

There were three solutions: I could start running to supliment my exercise; I could brew low carb beer (**** that); or I could just bottle into 1.25L PET.

I chose the last option. I enjoy too many other activities to let beer drinking spoil them.

I generally don't drink that much. I'll have 1 beer when I get home and thats about it. Friday / Saturday I'll have 3-4. Sometimes I'll have more but not that often.

Latest posts

Back