On Average How Long Does Your Beer Last?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banora brewer

Reaction score
Just wondering how long does your beer last after its ready to drink and how often do you brew?

Too long and not often enough.

How long after it's ready to drink?
I can't possibly brew often enough.

7 kegs... always one or two to fill.... :icon_drunk:

These days a pint isnt as big as it used to be. And there is usually something fermenting at any given point with a cube in waiting.

7 kegs... always one or two to fill....

i bet this is a recurring theme!

I currently have 3 empties and one borderline. glad i have a cube of wort ready to go and a pseudo pilsner ready to hit the keg. I just hate this weather, its a PITA to try and ferment an ale uncontrolled atm. <_<

I spend all day thinking about what beer im brewing next, before long i have a list!
But i average about 4-6 tallies a night, so they dont last long.

Only new to brewing so can't really comment on the home brew - but a case of stubbies can last anywhere from 6 hours on a weekend to 3 evenings if its school nights....

Only new to brewing so can't really comment on the home brew - but a case of stubbies can last anywhere from 6 hours on a weekend to 3 evenings if its school nights....

I wouldn't recommend feeding grog to schoolkids Mark

Counted up the full tallies in the maturing room last night - 180+ with another batch (24) ready to be bottled this weekend.

I think I need to drink more, or brew less often!!

I know back in my kit days i had 400 tallies resting at one stage :blink:
No wonder we couldnt fit the car in the garage...
Im still slowly choking some down occasionally to get the bottles back for my AG lol

I spend all day thinking about what beer im brewing next, before long i have a list!
But i average about 4-6 tallies a night, so they dont last long.
I do the same thing, spend all day reading and thinking about what I'm going to brew next.

but I don't drink during the week always wait until Friday

I have a rule.

I never drink when I'm not drinking. All other times it's fine.

My brews last half as long as I'd like when I make a good one and twice as long as I'd like when I make a shit one.

I have enough fermenters now not to run out of beer for very long - I'd just like to fill them all with something worth drinking. A bad spate of luck with infections and leaking taps hasn't helped but I'm now able to realistically age a few.

I never seem to be able to fill all my kegs at once, constantly playing catch up, plus all my RDOs this week have been wiped out due to the missus being on graveyards shifts and sleeping during the day, so I am stuck with daddy duty....

A keg can last anywhere from a week (I brewed a 2.9% faux lager, it went down way too well during the summer heat), up to a month depending on what else is on tap.

I'd just love 4 days where I could just brew, no wife, no kidlet underfoot. Might ship them both off to the inlaws soon.

Latest posts

Back