Oktoberfest Brisbane 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkey7

Reaction score
There is an Oktoberfest going on in Brisbane over the next 2 weekends at the RNA showgrounds.

Oktoberfest Brisbane 2008

I was wondering who else may be attending??

I'm probably going straight after work this Friday the 19th September. Opens at 4pm, goes till midnight . 10 bucks for the Friday night entry fee.

Should we have a meeting at a beer table/tent?

PB :)

I may be attending, actually - I might knock off early and come along friday. What time you getting there?

Explain this someone: Krombacher - Germanys Number 1 Premium Beer.

Well , I should be able to go on the 27th about 12-1PM probably will have recovered from the Brewery-athon by then :rolleyes: .

had a look at the site and there is no "fest" style beer. only pils , wheat and schwarz. Strange?

Working fri and sat both weekends. If someone is interested in the last Sunday pls PM .. I know my buddy from Wavell Hts is going so I'll have somewhere to crash as he's a short stagger from Virginia Station.

Hmm, Bitburger from a plastic Stein..... my last Bitburger from a glass at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow was underwhelming but maybe it was the last of the keg..... <_< <_<

They've got the wies'n herz in the bakery across the road .. SWMBO keeps sticking her head out the window and saying "they still have the hearts!" I told her she can have one on saturday.

photocase29ezy8ek3.jpg

I may be attending, actually - I might knock off early and come along friday. What time you getting there?

I finish around 4pm and work across the street from the entrance - the beer tent is almost visable from my window at work.
So I'd say around 4.01pm.

I may also be accompanied by some other beer enthusiasts if I can convince them to come along.

PB

When is the Oktoberfest at the German Club on?

Batz

When is the Oktoberfest at the German Club on?

Batz

This weekend mate, unfortunately the Pink Poodle got all my money last weekend :( .

I finish around 4pm and work across the street from the entrance - the beer tent is almost visable from my window at work.
So I'd say around 4.01pm.

I may also be accompanied by some other beer enthusiasts if I can convince them to come along.

PB
Ah sweet. Do you know what I find disturbing? Mr Newman is 'tapping the first keg' between 5 and 6:30pm, surely it isn't the actual FIRST keg of the evening? Doors at 4 = beers at 4!

Sorry about talking a load of bollox Batz, Ross is right (I suspect I'd written down last years date in my diary) - next month, better beers out of a glass stein (if you buy one) - think I'll go to that instead.

Edit: Come along Bonj it'll be fun :)

well it'll have to be the german club for me im at a wedding this weekend :(

But a stein and better beers! im there!

Troydo

I'll be there on the 18th as well at German Club... It will be good to catch up with some of your people...

Cheers

Hi,

mmhh, Oktoberfest without a typical Ofest beer??? This is really strange. And hey, believe me, Krombacher ist NOT a typical beer and for sure NOT a "genuine premium pilsener...". Sorry to say that but this is the truth!

Greets

Michael

Hi,

mmhh, Oktoberfest without a typical Ofest beer??? This is really strange. And hey, believe me, Krombacher ist NOT a typical beer and for sure NOT a "genuine premium pilsener...". Sorry to say that but this is the truth!

Greets

Michael
Whenever the word premium is used around beer you know the marketers have gotten involved...

I've always found it strange that we can't get an Oktoberfest beer at our Oktoberfests. I know that lots of it will have gone to the real fest but there are commercial examples available away from the festival. Why can't we have one of those?

Batz it's on the 17th & 18th October. I'll be there with the BABBS on the saturday.

Maybe see you there....

cheers Ross

Exellent!
This year I'll be there :beer:

Batz

Latest posts

Back