Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarmBeer

Unhappy camper
Reaction score
Kommen Sie zu Oktoberfest

The Bayside Brewers Club invites brewers and beer lovers to their annual Oktoberfest

Hickinbotham's Winery
194 Nepean Hwy Dromana VIC
Saturday 4th September
Beer competition and judging
Local and interstate brewers of all levels welcome to enter - Entry Form here

Sunday 5th September
Open to the public:
  • Craft beer tastings: Vienna Lager, German Pilsner, Schwarzbier, Oktoberfest, Hefweizen, Munich Helles, Bock, Kolsch & Altbier
  • Music & Kransky BBQ
  • Brewing demonstrations
  • Homebrew competition awards
  • Peoples choice award for Best Beer
  • $20 includes commemorative beer glass & 5 free tastings
  • Doors open 11am till 4pm
All just an easy hours drive from Melbourne.
gallery_7239_412_1080.png
For more information, see www.baysidebrewers.org.au/

Forgot to add, Sunday 5th of September is Father's Day.

Bring the wife, bring the kids, spit the dummy if they expect you to drive home, it's Father's Day, dammit!

:icon_cheers:

And it's in October September ... grumble ... maybe I'll plan better next year.
Yes, umm, cough, cough, the less said about the naming of the month, the better.

"Kommen Sie zu Septemberfest" just doesn't have the same ring to it... :lol:

Highly recommend this day, is extremely well organised. 2009 my family visited, $20 each got my son and I a commerative glass and coaster and many a fine tasting from the brewers themselves, not to mention the chinwags with fellow enthusiasts. This year being fathers day, i am hinting at a lunch in the winery, if its not booked up already. Then do the Bayside thing.
I hope the change of date improves the numbers. last year being so close to Vicbrew probably wasnt ideal.
Good Luck Guys n Gals.

I tried to take haysie's suggestion and arrange a fathers day thing, the family had other ideas so it seems I'll be going to plant my hops instead ... maybe next year.

I`m in for lunch this year with the family and cant wait mmmm the menu!, we got a gig as late as 2 weeks ago for fathers day lunch, afterwards I`ll pop my head in and enjoy a Bayside brew or two. Being all things lager loving that I am, Great day.

that's a shame wolfy :(

haysie - I'll be there all day doing a demo brew with a couple of the guys - so stop by and say hello (unless you were so dissappointed with my swap beer that you don't want to talk to me now :unsure: )

that's a shame wolfy :(

haysie - I'll be there all day doing a demo brew with a couple of the guys - so stop by and say hello (unless you were so dissappointed with my swap beer that you don't want to talk to me now :unsure: )

well WW, yours is still in the box, the descriptions I have read havent been endearing though. I`ll seek you out on Sunday!

well WW, yours is still in the box, the descriptions I have read havent been endearing though. I`ll seek you out on Sunday!

great! I get the chance to meet you before you try the worst beer I've ever made :icon_cheers:

Back