Nsw Xmas In July Tasting Notes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer: not sure but I think 27. Smilee-English bitter. bottled 22/6
Date: 20th September 10
Details: 650mL bottle, gold cap 12.22/6?
Sampling Notes:
Served in a pint glass.

Foam starts to rush up the bottleneck on opening. Eventually pour out a deep amber body with big fluffy white head.

Decidedly spicy hop driven aroma. Has a proper earthiness to it, which leads me to think something along the lines of EKG, and toffee and nutty malts have me leaning in the direction of an English bitter of sorts.

Lively carbonation dries and thins the palate out quite a bit, body is otherwise quite full.

Nice amount of sweetness delivered by crystal malt toffee and biscuit flavours. Hops provide some floral, dried herbs to the mix and linger with a decent bitterness and a bit of phenolic spice.

Ill just assume this is Smilees beer and say cheers!

No.19 Fatgodzilla's English Ale

Just sipping this one now, pours clear and dark brown, nice malty aroma with some light roast notes. Two thumbs up as even SHMBO is enjoying it.

No.19 Fatgodzilla's English Ale

Just sipping this one now, pours clear and dark brown, nice malty aroma with some light roast notes. Two thumbs up as even SHMBO is enjoying it.

clearly the last of its batch. Ringwood yeast obviously works well for this one. Thanks Tim and hope all is well with the family.

clearly the last of its batch. Ringwood yeast obviously works well for this one. Thanks Tim and hope all is well with the family.

Not quite - i still have one (along with about half the case swap beers still).

I think i had a bottle bomb the other day - not sure who's it was. Might have been brett/aceto or something.

could of been stu.i had his go off the other night

I still have a few I'll put stu's in the fridge now and I'll find out tonight
By the way fatz I still have yours probably crack it on nye

Cheers matho

Edit: I just looked at stu's bottle and the cap looks like it's buldging, I also had another that was a gusher so that might have been it

Well stu's is overcarbed but not too much of a gusher and tastes excellent thanks stu for an beautifull tasting beer

Cheers matho

Back