Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good now mate shuffled a few things around emptied a keg ( it was a fun night) and now I'll have enough for the swap. I did a trial brew last sunday and if it turns out good I'll be brewing it for the swap

Cheers Steve

ok peoples not long now, you should get brewing for this. we are up to 16 people any more want to join. its not just all grain brewers we are willing to have most around for this. com one there has to be more people to be involved.
the real question is do i do something out there like i normally do or something sedate?
cheers barls

come on peoples surely there are a few more that can contribute?

should pull my finger out and brew for this, probably this friday it with be a belgian dark strong for sure

steve

brewed my first string beer the other day must get it in to the fermentation fridge once i finish with the maybock.
anyone else out there.

I'm brewing this now for the caseswap

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: belgain dark strong caseswap 2
Brewer: steve
Asst Brewer:
Style: Belgian Dark Strong Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 25.00 L
Boil Size: 32.99 L
Estimated OG: 1.080 SG
Estimated Color: 38.4 EBC
Estimated IBU: 23.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
7.00 kg Pilsner, Malt Craft Export (Joe White) (3.Grain 78.21 %
1.00 kg Munich, Dark (Joe White) (29.6 EBC) Grain 11.17 %
0.40 kg Special B Malt (280.0 EBC) Grain 4.47 %
0.10 kg Chocolate Malt (Joe White) (750.6 EBC) Grain 1.12 %
25.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [6.40 %] (60 min) Hops 18.2 IBU
15.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [6.40 %] (30 min) Hops 5.6 IBU
0.45 kg Sugar, Table (Sucrose) (25.0 EBC) Sugar 5.03 %
1 Pkgs Belgian Ardennes (Wyeast Labs #3522) Yeast-Wheat

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 8.50 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 22.18 L of water at 74.5 C 65.0 C

Notes:
------

a brewed a belgian dark a couple of months ago its tasting great but not dark enough so i have upped the special B a bit

cheers matho

Anyone else want to join in still have a bit of time to put one down, as barls has said doesn't just have to be AG, its a great to get feedback on your beers too especially from muggus.

and dont worry ill drink anything after all i did have one of these on the pub crawl.

beer_image.jpg

cherry anyone :lol:

cheers matho

My beer for the case swap is fermenting away in the fridge.

Did a hydrometer reading yesterday and it's come down from 1.048 to 1.020 but still going.
S-23 at 17 degrees for a fruity but hopefully not as fruity as an ale kind of thing.
Was pitch black when it went into the fermenter but now it's more dark brown for some reason.
A bit of Carafa Special I and some roasted wheat for colour, yum yum.

All out of bottles, last weekend I bottled 47 litres of Mild and I had to use two soda bottles for the last couple of litres.
So will need to source some more over the coming weeks.

Bjorn

Maybe we should start to talk about dates and such

I'm out. Haven't been brewing enough. Sorry lads.
The Special Swap is enough for me!

You still have 4 weeks Muggus, doesnt need to be rtd on the day - pull your finger out !

stay in muggus, im starting the ferment on mine this week.
also i believe that fatz said something about holding it a barrys place

If it stays at relatively low numbers, I can sub in the stout I brewed for the HUB swap...we'll see...

bottling my dark strong tonight
tasting really good
OG 1.080 FG 1.011 9% abv so its a good winter warmer :)

cheers matho

I vote for the 16th. That gives 3 weekends between now and then for those unable to attend to drop off their beer to someone who is going.

16th July is not a good one - a number of us will be at the ESB com petition day. I don't think it would work out well to have a case swap interfere with all that judging (unless all swappers are there to judge and steward .. asking a bit too much there I think).

Last weekend of July - 30th July - somewhere at Sydney. Anyone have any definite reasons to say NAY? to that day?

I bottled my slighty special bitter this morning, seems tasty out of the fermenter.

Happy to go with the 30th July but any weekend would do. Feels like ages since I've actually been at a swap!

cheers

grant

I reckon I can contrubute to this case swap, can I submit a mixed case of 3 or 4 styles or do they need to be all from the one brew?

preferably from one batch but do what you need to mate. im happy for the 30th

Back