Nsw Xmas Case July 2006 - Distribution Logistics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just heard some bad news.

The truck that was picking my cases up is going to Tamworth, not Dubbo.

So unfortunately I cannot get my brews down to Sydney in time for the swap and will have to bow out.

If anyone is passing through Bathurst let me know, the brews are labeled, wrapped and ready to go.

Otherwise I will have to miss out.

The contribution was a Dortmunder/export lager.

That's a shame POL. You evidently didn't see the post, but KoNG was up at Orange last weekend and offered to bring your beers back. I also go through Bathurst a bit myself but won't be in the foreseeable future.

There has to be a way! :unsure:

yep that i did....
sorry i didnt think of it sooner, the offer was a last minute thought when i was in Orange.
Surely we can work something out, someone must know someone who knows another....

A few re-arrangments and it looks like we can get Pint of Lagers entries here on time and included PHEW.

Beers,
Doc

NICE, good to hear!
i'd hate to think i drove through Bathurst last weekend and then everything didnt work out. Great to see the community coming to together in times of need.

I'm driving up to Blayney this weekend to pick up my chest freezer bought on eBay for $152.50 Could stop in at Bathurst on the way if arrangements still need to be made.

Doesn't sound like we'll have too much trouble with the Newcastle run after all.

I'll leave the first 2 entries at MHB's for Berto and I'll grab the rest as they come in.

I'll be starting the pick-ups this week from MHB - there are a few in already.

Berto - I've heard nothing about your plans.
Are you still going to pick up 2 entries and take to Sydney for sorting? Doesn't leave much time.

If I don't hear anything in the next day or 2 I'll just pick up the whole lot. It will probably be easier to sort anyway. :chug:

I had planned on dropping my cases off at MHB within the next couple of days. I am however going through Newie to Gosford. Would it be easier if I dropped them off somewhere around the Gosford area or somewhere between Newie and Gosford i.e. Central Coast?

Chilled

P.S. I have to go the MHB anyway on the way through, so dropping them off there is no problem.

Berto,

If you could manage 3-4 entries to Duff then that would be very very helpful.
10 entries (2 from Wes) is a lot of bottles of beer to fit in a car with two kids, wife and a dog.

Beers,
Doc

I got a PM from Berto
He's not heading up to Newcastle until the w/e of 1-2 July so he'll be too late to help with the swap.

I've got no problems getting them to my place - can you cope Doc?

MHB has said approx $4 per box by courier (presuming to Sydney?) if worst comes to worst.

If anybody else is doing a run between Central Coast and Sydney on the next few weekends we could do it that way. :(

Thanks for letting us know Shmick.
Just had a call from Gerard.
Looks like he will be able to help us out. Fingers crossed.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks Kong and Schmick, it looks to be sorted.

The original plan failed, then the backup plan failed, fortunately, between Doc, Linz and my usual courier, we now have another plan in place.

Schmick, just in case this one falls through, could I please have your mobile number via PM?

A big thankyou to everyone for stepping up and getting your cases dropped off at the appropriate points.
All entries are now accounted for.

I'm doing the run up the CC on Saturday, dropping back to Duff's place on Sunday.
We will notify of the subsequent delivery of the beers backout to the dropoff points for you pickups when finialised.

Beers,
Doc

Now that I am getting into partials and possibly ag in the near future will be very interested to see this deity like beers.

Doc,

Please be aware that my contribution is 4 milk crates due to the bonus Berliner.

Hope this doesn't cause too much grief for you.
If there is too much beer, Smick might just have to hang onto the Berliner until the Xmas Xmas case (ha ha). :lol:

Seth :p

P.S. Hope people like my hastily devised labels, printed courtesy of MHB and designed at short notice on his PC. The label does not state Weizguy anywhere, but refers to be being a product of the Teninchbrewery.
Beerz! :beer:

Please be aware that my contribution is 4 milk crates due to the bonus Berliner.

Hope this doesn't cause too much grief for you.

Got all the Northern beers back to my place tonight after picking up from Shmick this morning.
Had to take my wifes car and she was chockers. Two kids, wife and 7 crates of beer.
An extra crate to come back too.

Will get back to Duff tomorrow and then out to all the Southern and Western folk.

A big thanks to all those involved in the logistics.

Beers,
Doc

I knew you'd be alright...

A little ingenuity, a little rearranging/packing and a little magic (along with some patience).
That's why you're the doctor.

beers Doc, and my sympathy to the missus and children for the tight squeeze.

Seth out :p

I knew you'd be alright...

A little ingenuity, a little rearranging/packing and a little magic (along with some patience).
That's why you're the doctor.

beers Doc, and my sympathy to the missus and children for the tight squeeze.

Seth out :p

Cheers Weizguy,

Had the two kids up to Micks place (sound asleep).
Droped my wife off at a 40th birthday the family was attending @ half journey.
Offloaded two crates to Grandma for the trip home so my wife had a seat for the return leg :p

Doc

Back