Nsw Xmas Case July 2006 - Distribution Logistics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the Newcastle entries are at MHB's ready for pick-up.

n00ch
Gough
Weizguy
Stephen
Keith
Trent
Chilled

Enjoy :chug:

Guys.

Have recieved mine.

Big huge thankyou to beerslayer who dropped mine off last night, will let them settle on Sat b4 cracking any open....

Thanks again to all particularly Joe for the organisation of this.

Cheers.

Thanks very much to everyone for their contributions and efforts in sorting and distributing. My crates are quietly sitting on the veranda (was -4 there yesterday morning) and it brings a sense of happiness every time I walk past them.

Now that the swap has happened, is there any suggestions for the next one to make it easier for the sorters?

For instance, would it help if we all wrote our nick on the top of the bottles as well as a bottle label or labelled our crates?

PoL,

There were a couple of key learnings this time.

1. It sounds like there are enough Northern members (ie. Central Coast/Newcastle/North Coast) to warrant breaking off to have their own case. The logistics and sheer numbers of bottles can't grow any bigger than this last swap.

2. Everyone MUST provide the correct number of bottles (ie. don't hold back on one bottle because you are going to get one of yours back).

3. Milk Crates mandatory (this one only applies to me :p )

I know that Duff probably has a few more too :p

Doc

For instance, would it help if we all wrote our nick on the top of the bottles as well as a bottle label or labelled our crates?

I think writing your AHB handle on the bottle caps should be done. Makes things much easier.

That's OK Josh, it's the folks who also use black bottle caps which add to the confusion.....

If the Newcastle boys break away I don't think we will have any problems at all forming another 24 or 28 case this December. Agree with Doc, provide the required number and it makes sorting easier. It doesn't take too long to sort ( eh Doc? :blink: ) but the results are worth it.

A couple of contributors who have picked up from here also have their finger on the trigger for the announcement of the December case. Won't be long now, unless someone posts first...

Cheers.

Hey Josh, I wasn't trying to out anyone, just after any ideas to make the sorter's job easier.

I just took delivery of the Xmas in July case. Big thanks to Linz for dropping the case off to my place in light of my recent car troubles. I am eternally grateful. Looking forward to the tastings :):):)

Latest posts

Back