NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1st and a HC here.

First time entering a comp. I entered another 3 beers (one of which I was proud of, the other 2 were duds that I wanted feedback for). So I really couldn't have expected better.

Yes, as others have said, a big thankyou to Les and the entire HUB team for co-ordinating this. It was my first proper competition, and it was all just a little bit exciting... I'd like to get a bit more involved to help out if I can with other comps.
Better go see if I've still got a bottle or two left of the saison for the nationals....

Cheers Les and to all the other Guys putting in the effort to organize, run and Judge.
Stoked to get a HC in American IPA.. to be honest I nearly put it in the American Pale category as I didn't think
it had the hop profile to score in AIPA.
Anyway glad for the feed back overall and satisfactory result at this level.
Congrats to all the winners :super: :super:

Thanks to all involved.

First comp for me and I got a 2nd! Stoked!

Thanks to everyone involved. Eagerly awaiting the scoresheets :beer:

Woo hoo! another win for Dazz's Dark! congrats to all the place getters. And thanks to all of the judges and fellow HUB members.

Absolutely stoked. Thanks to the HUB guys, 2 days after a comp for results is a good effort. Will have to get cracking for October:)

I only entered two beers this year, and picked up a first and a second. Can't really ask for much more than that! First time off to the nationals. Good luck to all!

Is there any way to tell what number entries you are, besides waiting for the scoresheets to arrive? I figured they might be sequential but it doesn't seem to work out quite that way.

donald_trub said:
Is there any way to tell what number entries you are, besides waiting for the scoresheets to arrive? I figured they might be sequential but it doesn't seem to work out quite that way.
if you placed or got a HC then you can use the left column number and the other entrys you had will be in sequence to that number.

void said:
Thanks Les! Will there be a version of the results with names next to all entries?
[SIZE=medium]Just checked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]As per our previous comps there is little perceived benefit in publishing the names of all entrants.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Once full score sheets get mailed out then people can put their hand up to claim their position in the flight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]On that front, the club (read that as Events Officer, iirc) has done all the sorting - and expects to mail the score sheets and ribbons out either later this week or early next week.[/SIZE]

Les the Weizguy said:
[SIZE=medium]Just checked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]As per our previous comps there is little perceived benefit in publishing the names of all entrants.[/SIZE]
I agree with that.

But FYI on the AABC website it has links to previous State Comps and it lists all entrants (well for both NSW 2013 and 2014 it does, I didn't look at any others).

http://www.aabc.org.au/ and scroll down to "results archive"

Does anyone really want their name published for all to see they brewed the worst beer in the comp?
Just thinking aloud.

Latest posts

Back