Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could squueeze 28 bottles out of my 23-24 liters...or whatever I end up with: I'm very precise and scientific with my brew... :lol:

beauty!, 28 it is. Thanks fellas. I will be stepping up to a partial mash this time.

Cheers

So the final list is???

Duff
Gough
Stuster
Doc
PoMo
Berapnopod
Bobby
Kungy
Weizguy
Berto
Stephen
Linz
Barry
Trent
T.D
Shmick
DrewCarey82
Nifty
Josh
KoNG
Thommo
Hopsta
Timmy
Pint of Lager
*Stickler
*Keith the Beer Guy
*homebrewworld.com
*Trent
#Josh
#sintax69
#agro
#beer slayer

* the next four, after the initial 24, who showed interest in joining in....according to posts

# the others after that

Is that correct??? someone want to check...

Final list is:

Duff
Gough
Stuster
Doc
PoMo
Berapnopod
Bobby
Kungy
Weizguy
Berto
Stephen
Linz
Barry
Trent
T.D
Shmick
DrewCarey82
Nifty
Josh
KoNG
Thommo
Hopsta
Timmy
Pint of Lager
Stickler
Keith the Beer Guy
homebrewworld.com
Sintax69

If someone drops out, then Agro is 1st alternate, Beer Slayer 2nd.

Thanks to all who agreed to increase to 28.

And thanks to Linz for suggesting it :p

Cheers.

Onya Fellas !
Thanks for lettin me in on the case...........
Cheers to Duff & Linz.

I will make a rip snorta for this one, its my mission !

Hey, just a thought........what about for the Xmas in Dec case this year coming we are all given a designated beer style to contribute ?

I know it would take me out of my comfort zone if i got a style that i wasnt to familiar brewing, thus making it all the more challenging and rewarding.

What ya think boys and girls ?
:beerbang:

Not to keen on that to be honest I think its better if people contribute the beer they are most confident about rather then risking stuffing one up.

I've been off the air all weekend, I'm glad I checked in last Friday and got on the roster. 28 botts is ok by me, more to taste.

nifty

hmmm,
I'm A-OK for the 28 bottles...
BUT are my champagne bottles going to cause problems with 14 bottles per crate...? i know i can only fit 12 champers per crate...

i guess i'll have to go searching for 28 of those thin, flimsy, ugly long-neck things :eek:

Tooheys Red longnecks are only $28 a case @ dan murphy's, grab a couple of slabs and your sweet.

Yeah, but what in God's name do we do with the beer in the bottles??? I know a few pot plants that could do with some water, but I'm not sure I could put them through such a trauma...

Seriously though, I am in the same situation as Kong, I have champas bottles that I was going to use, but no beer longnecks...

I'd be willing to buy some of those longnecks you can get from home brew shops but they are only 640ml which is no good.

Tooheys Red is a pretty lush drop actually people think that cause its cheap and tooheys its rubbish but its a great session beer.

Tooheys Red is a pretty lush drop actually people think that cause its cheap and tooheys its rubbish but its a great session beer.

I think you'll find most ppl on AHB who think Tooheys Red is rubbish do so because they have drunk it at some stage and quickly realise it is...............but at the end of the day it's each to their own

The latest New ad though is pretty good!

Cmon Drew ;),
I know that it was not a bad drop back in the day, when ya could get a slab for $20, but I think that ya will have a hard time convincing most on this site of that now! You may even change yer mind yerself once ya try some of the all grain offerings in the case swap. Then again, I have to admit that I havent tried it in , ooh, about 2 1/2 years, so they may have pulled up their socks, but I dunno if I would pay $28 for it :eek:. Granted though, it is a session beer, and I hope I dont have to go back to drinking that sorta stuff any time soon!
All the best
Trent
PS SUrely a local BYO restaurant may be able to supply ya with 28 longies in the next 3 months? Worth a shot, anyway.
EDIT for funny faces

Lets not go into the politics of personal beer choice.
(but it would be hard to get through a case of tooheys red, when i have all my own beer to drink...)

I'll find some long-necks somewhere.

The weekend aftermath at the back of most restaurants should provide some sort of bottling reward.... from what i've seen anyway.

or if there are any bottle shops that have a tab close by there are usually puters that go back and forth between the shops and leave behind lots of longnecks.
there are a few around. i got most of mine this way.

KoNG said:
hmmm,
I'm A-OK for the 28 bottles...
BUT are my champagne bottles going to cause problems with 14 bottles per crate...? i know i can only fit 12 champers per crate...

i guess i'll have to go searching for 28 of those thin, flimsy, ugly long-neck things :eek:
[post="109883"][/post]​

I reckon it'll be ok KoNG. If one or two bottles don't fit in the crate, will that be a big deal? Unless it's a hassle for those organising it. Duff?

28 is ok by me i'll be able to find a few extra longy's. I just wont plan on brewing a weizen or wit or anything else thats likley to blow through the airlock.

Back