NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
i just used address labels in my ink jet printer. not as fancy as doc, but is more meticulous than me.

tim, just print out your avatar 24 times & stick it on the bottles ;-)

Tim
got your case thanks, sorry I missed you had to go out. Thanks for the bottle of vienna

:beer:
BS

beer slayer said:
Tim
got your case thanks, sorry I missed you had to go out. Thanks for the bottle of vienna

:beer:
BS
[post="92045"][/post]​

No worries

Me again... :D

The main issue with the weisse was carbonation, as it was gassy, but should be spritzy!

Apart from that, U can choose to drink it young if you want, but it will improve with age.

I believe that the Newcastle pickup is today at Mark's shop. I have left some beer for the shop and the courier (each gets: 1 weisse, 1 weizen (from Nationals), and an Amarillo APA that is drinking exceptionally well IMHO).

...getting thirsty already! :beerbang:

Seth out :p

Edit: re labels - mine have a tiny handwritten sticker on the lid, stating : "Weizguy weisse".

G'day all Xmas casers

Got mine into Mark's drop off point today. Thanks again to Mark and Shmick for sorting the delivery out so easily. After reading Weiz' post I've realised I forgot a beer for Mark and Shmick the courier :eek: - sorry fellas I'll sort you out with some Hellesbock on the return journey ;)

Looking forward to the case. I had some grand ideas for the labels, but I've just been too flat out to get my act into gear this year. The aptly named "Gough's Brewery 'Cleanskin' Amber Ale" has its cheapo tags on (label is too grand a term, hence the 'cleanskin' name...) and is ready for blastoff :lol: Had the last tester on the weekend. It is drinking nicely enough. A little on the malty side perhaps, but not too bad. Enjoy! :)

Shawn.

The friday night tester of the mild is prety much what I expected. It does taste quite young and will benefit from some time. To my relief there's no eveidence of bottling induced funkiness.

So another that is probably drunk closer to christmas. :unsure:

Gough, Nothin wrong with cleanskins. ;)......But how long did it take you to scrub the Sam II badge of the sides :lol:

Enjoy

Borret

I've confirmed with Mark I'll be doing the pick-up this afternoon.
He mentioned Weiz left a few samplers and I'll be dropping off a bottle of my own.
Mine's drinkable now but will improve with age.

Thanks guys for getting them in early.

Sounds like a good Xmas :chug:

Borret said:
Gough, Nothin wrong with cleanskins. ;)......But how long did it take you to scrub the Sam II badge of the sides :lol:

Enjoy

Borret
[post="92084"][/post]​

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! :lol:

Shawn.

OK....Take note those who were dropping off at beerslayers for my SATURDAY noon pick-up and delivery to Duffs.

Due to interference from the Dept of Corrective services(No, not the missus!!)....I'll be doing the pick up on FRIDAY evening(about 6pm).

I'll be delivering them to Duffs on Sat arvo about 4-5 pm...If its a hassle Duff..Let me know please

Linz said:
OK....Take note those who were dropping off at beerslayers for my SATURDAY noon pick-up and delivery to Duffs.

Due to interference from the Dept of Corrective services(No, not the missus!!)....I'll be doing the pick up on FRIDAY evening(about 6pm).

I'll be delivering them to Duffs on Sat arvo about 4-5 pm...If its a hassle Duff..Let me know please
[post="92252"][/post]​

No problem Linz, see you then.

KoNG, what are your plans for this weekend? Hopsta and PoMo are dropping theirs off, is there anyone else to expect besides the run from Doc?

Hey Duff,

Just been speaking to Linz. He should be out of his previous engagement around 3:30-4pm and then heading straight to your place.
Sounds like he'll be bringing about 9 participants entries.
I'll come over at the same time to help sort and pick up the cases for swapping on the CC on Sunday.

Please PM me your address and contact details.

So id KoNG looking like the only missing entry ?

Doc

Kong
If you leave it on your front verandah I can pick it up on my way past Thursday, & drop it at Duffs friday morning or Saturday arvo
Cheers
Gerard

I bottled my Belgian golden strong ale last night.... needless to say it will improve with age, i'll put the bottling date on the label so you dont get a flat beer. I know this style wont be conditioned to its full potential in time for xmas but due to an infection on my intended contribution(brown ale) this cant be helped. Duff i'll be at yours Saturday, hopefully around midday. Can you please PM me your address, Cheers.

Just re-read the whole thread, Berto I see you are out near Windsor but haven't heard from you. Shoot me a PM for drop off details this weekend.

Cheers.

Sorry guys, had a long weekend down in melbourne :p
its all hectic in KoNG world at the moment, been away the last 3 weekends, car needs work, we are moving on the weekend (which is also full of other engagements) so i really "had" no idea when i was going to get my crates to Duffs (which got bottled late friday night before flying out to melbourne) :huh: thursday night is looking best.

But it looks like Gerard may just save the Day...!!!

are you sure you are in the area Gerard..?
of course you will be paid handsomely with longnecks abundant.
will PM

Kong
No probs. I am delivering to Manly on Thursday, so I will pick up on the way back. I have a few drop offs in the Hills area fri arvo, so I can drop in at Duff's and see if he has any Bolter still on tap.
Cheers
Gerard

that would be great..... i will have them out waiting.
alterior motives too...... nice.!!!

I'm wanting to make sure we are on track for this weekend.
The ones I know about I've marked. The ones marked ???? I'm not sure about. I'm sure some of you have already dropped off to Duff.
Please confirm.

Beers,
Doc

SYDNEY (18)
Tim - Newcastle Brown dropped off
Hopsta dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Duff - Kolsch DROP OFF FOR NW Sydney dropped off
Doc - Kolsch dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Stuster - Best Bitter dropped off
KoNG dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Nifty - Aussie Pale Ale ????
Homebrewworld dropped off
Kungy - Amarillo APA ????
Berto - Wheat ????
Linz - IPA dropped off
Redbeard - APA dropped off
Beer Slayer DROP OFF for South/SouthWestern Sydney dropped off
Stickler - Porter Style ????
PostModern - Xmas Porter/Brown Porter dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
berapnopod ????
am - Australian Golden Ale ????
Jase - Cascade APA dropped off dropped off

NEWCASTLE/Central Coast (5)
Gough - Sarah's Amber Ale III dropped off
Weizguy - Berliner/Medowie weisse dropped off
Borret - Mild dropped off
Shmick - Australian Strong Ale DROP OFF for C.Coast/Newcastle dropped off
Trent dropped off

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager dropped off

Doc said:
I'm wanting to make sure we are on track for this weekend.
The ones I know about I've marked. The ones marked ???? I'm not sure about. I'm sure some of you have already dropped off to Duff.
Please confirm.

Beers,
Doc

SYDNEY (18)
Tim - Newcastle Brown dropped off
Hopsta dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Duff - Kolsch DROP OFF FOR NW Sydney dropped off
Doc - Kolsch dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Stuster - Best Bitter dropped off
KoNG dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
Nifty - Aussie Pale Ale Dropped off - Duff
Homebrewworld dropped off
Kungy - Amarillo APA Dropped off - Duff
Berto - Wheat ???? Waiting to hear from him.
Linz - IPA dropped off
Redbeard - APA dropped off
Beer Slayer DROP OFF for South/SouthWestern Sydney dropped off
Stickler - Porter Style ????
PostModern - Xmas Porter/Brown Porter dropping off to Duff on Saturday arvo
berapnopod ????
am - Australian Golden Ale Dropped off - Duff
Jase - Cascade APA dropped off dropped off

NEWCASTLE/Central Coast (5)
Gough - Sarah's Amber Ale III dropped off
Weizguy - Berliner/Medowie weisse dropped off
Borret - Mild dropped off