NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Advice taken Weiz :) Thanks for the heads up...

I assumed we'd be waiting till Xmas or thereabouts to drink the beers, but mine (Amber Ale) is pretty much ready to go for those that are extra keen. Has been in the bottle a few weeks already and the 'tester' I had a fortnight or so ago to see how it was going was well carbonated. I'll try another this weekend. It might improve a touch by Xmas, and like any bottle conditioned beer should last quite a while, but at around 1050 og it won't get substantially better with age into the new year IMHO. Drink at will I guess is what I'm saying, although I'll keep mine until Xmas or thereabouts I think :)

Shawn.

Looking forward the the weisse and the Amber Ale!

I'll be cracking my tester tonite, but i have a feeling it might need to sit a little while to allow the bitterness mellow out. I'll confirm after tonite (fingers crossed it carbonated ok)

Mine's good to go. I had a few extra bots and have been testing them over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the tips, looking forward to trying all the other brews.

cheers

nifty

Mine will be ready to drink straight away too.
The bottles are soaking now. The beergun in sterilizing too.
About to have another taster from the keg. Hopefully there will be enough for 24 bottles :p

Doc

Oh well
At least if you've only got enough for 23 bottles Doc, seeings as you are doing the sorting, ya can just leave it out of your case. Actually, probably be smarter to leave it out of someone else's case! Just kidding, cause if I wasnt, it'd end up being MY case its left out of! ANyway, I am pretty sure mine will be good to go, I havent even got any testers left (due to a racking incident), but the one I did have tasted OK when I tried it 2 weeks ago. The labels I have on mine are just stickers with me name on em, couldnt be buggered writing out the recipe 24 times, so if anyone asks, I will just post it up in the new thread that Doc said he will put up for the comments, etc...
Looking forward to trying em all out
All the best
Trent

My Brown ale has been ready to go for sometime, and has been in the bottle since Oct 12. I havn't tasted it from the bottle, but I made a double batch and kegged the other half, and it goes alright.
Looking forward to tasting everyone elses entries!

Just tasted mine again and it is all good.
I do have another 12 litres of the same brew ready to be kegged if I run short.
All the labels are done also.
And a little extra for each case is almost ready too.

Beers,
Doc

Mine's ready to drink, had a few spare bottles which were consumed last weekend and it has come up great. Look forward to all the sampling :chug:

IT'S CONFIRMED.................................IMHO the bitterness is fine, not a punchy as the last one, good to drink straight away! :beerbang:

I'm looking forward to some feedback/criticism as it's my 2nd AG and am keen to hear fellow, more experienced brewers opinions on how I could improve the recipe and/or method.

Cheers,
am

Doc said:
Just tasted mine again and it is all good.
I do have another 12 litres of the same brew ready to be kegged if I run short.
All the labels are done also.
And a little extra for each case is almost ready too.

Beers,
Doc
[post="91440"][/post]​

Ooooh :unsure: another Christmas case bonus. Looking forward to the case but the unknown is always gains due interest. Any hints........ Home made candy-canes perhaps
Rest of the case is seems to be coming together as planned. Can't wait. :beerbang:
Mine has been in bottle for a week and I will give it a small tester tonight to see how it's going. Being one of the lighter brews it should be good to go in a few weeks. I'm also looking forward to some feed back on my 3rd AG produce. ;)

Borret :beer:

Borret said:
Ooooh :unsure: another Christmas case bonus. Looking forward to the case but the unknown is always gains due interest. Any hints........ Home made candy-canes perhaps

I don't want to give anything away .......

I hope you have a DVD ROM drive in your computer, or access to one.

Beers,
Doc

PS: I've tested it all on a Mac and it is all good too :p

Oh, and anyone see a problem with this picture ?

XmasCase2005_004__Large_.jpg

A few less than required bottles <_<

But have no fear. I have another 10 litres of the same brew that has been CC'ing for the last month in the lager fridge.

Dutifully finishing off a 3 gal keg right now so that I can keg it, carbonate it and still produce the goods for the Xmas Case.

Beers,
Doc

I'll be bottling tomorrow. Best leave my porter for Xmas. Tastes great out of the fermenter and has been in secondary for a few months now, but still, for a porter, the older the better.

I am soooo looking forward to Xmas. :p

Ok, I finally got my contributions to Beer Slayer yesterday. I was a bit later than I was expecting (~4pm), but left them with BS's son.
I had a bit of a hiccup and dropped two bottles, so I have included two bottled of my AG Vienna lager (probably a better beer IMHO) to make up the numbers.

After seeing Doc's labels, i suddenly reasilsed how pov mine are! (just texta on a blank label!).

Tim said:
After seeing Doc's labels, i suddenly reasilsed how pov mine are! (just texta on a blank label!).
[post="91882"][/post]​

Mine has got my name on the lid and texta on masking tape......

Linz said:
Tim said:
[post="91882"][/post]​

Mine has got my name on the lid and texta on masking tape......
[post="91892"][/post]​

I suddenly dont feel so bad!

My label is just pen on a blank sticker, I havent made a label for any beer before, but, am keen to start
Doc, where did you get the label paper, or is it just sticker paper? Do you print it up on your computer, or get it done on a colour photocopier (I heard that printer ink runs when wet)? I will have labels for next years one, be interesting to see some of the labels that come with this years beers, of course, nowhere near as interesting as tasting em all!
ALl the best
Trent

My labels were done on normal printer paper on a high quality colour printer and then stuck on with a kids Bostik glue stick to make it easy for you to get them off to reuse the bottles.
The ink hasn't run at all, but I did make sure that the bottles were dry before putting the labels on.

Beers,
Doc

Great labels Doc - Guess that'll be my project for next week - If I get mine half as good, I'll be damn pleased :)

Doc said:
Oh, and anyone see a problem with this picture ?

View attachment 4854

A few less than required bottles <_<

But have no fear. I have another 10 litres of the same brew that has been CC'ing for the last month in the lager fridge.

Dutifully finishing off a 3 gal keg right now so that I can keg it, carbonate it and still produce the goods for the Xmas Case.

Beers,
Doc
[post="91787"][/post]​

The 3 gal keg is finished, cleaned sterlised and refilled with the last 10 litres of that batch of Kolsch. Just finished the last 500mls from the CC fermenter and it is all good. No-one will miss out.

Beers,
Doc

Back