NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
PostModern said:
I got inspired seeing Doc's labels, so I decided for once to do something with my inspiration. That's right, I got off my lazy arse,looked around, found a contractor and got him to make up some labels for me. So far, they're looking great :D

View attachment 4919
[post="92705"][/post]​

Ironically mine were done for me by a workmate, after he saw my ordinary 1st attempt :lol:

Beers,
Doc

PM received from Berto and beers dropped by Saturday.

Houston, we are go for launch :beerbang:

Here's a piccy of my label, one for all the golfers who will know this famous little bridge. Looking forward to it all.

Cheers.

Beer_III.jpg

Noice label. How many case swaps happen each year? I'd like to get into the next one. Anyone keen for a Sugar Monster next time around?

Now that I've seen yours Duff, I'm going to have to get this guy to lift his game. Gimp master indeed!

I'm bottling tonight (don't worry 4 weeks is plenty of time for a PoMo porter) but I still have another day of the contractor's time for a new label.

I was thinking of taping the labels giving them like 110% coverage with clear tape so that condensation doesn't shrivel the paper. I think that laser ink will hold up to a bit of moisture, but not the paper. What have you guys done to attach them?

I've printed my labels on adhesive paper.

No probs in the fridge but will probably run once liquid/moisture gets on them.

I think hairspray might help, i've seen it being used as a sealant before but I can't remember what it was being used on.

PoMO has had an avatar change, wondered who the NEW xmas case person was..!! ha ha

my labels are fairly dodgy... just standard printer paper and black ink,
3 labels per A4 (landscape), wrapped right around the bottle and taped at the back..!
Sure to annoy after getting soggy in the fridge... sorry...
(lucky i only have to deal with one of them aswell)

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, when is the next case swap? Once a year, twice or quarterly?

As far as I know Boozy, it's every year. But I'm sure you'll get some takers if you offer to organise another swap in another few months. ;)

Maybe Christmas will come more than once next year. :p

Sam- Hairspray works well if you want to preserve an autographed piece of clothing, so I can't see why it wouldn't work on a label.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
Sam- Hairspray works well if you want to preserve an autographed piece of clothing, so I can't see why it wouldn't work on a label.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="92807"][/post]​
I've never heard that before Gerard but I have heard of and used on ballpoint pen ink stains in clothes to get them out. You spray on and chuck straight in the wash and the solvents release the ink but are still washable themselves in water. For this reason I'd be wary of it on ink labels. The stuff is designed to be washed out of your hair with water (and soap) so I don't reckon it would hold up when put in your esky with a bag of ice.

Hairspray is used as a cheap fixative on pastel (chalk) drawings. It does yellow over time where the propper fixative doesn't so we were warned off it at uni.

That's my boring and pointless info for the evening

Borret

:lol: :lol: Whoever thought there'd be a series of posts about hairspray on an Aussie homebrew forum? :eek: :lol:

Shawn.

Gough said:
:lol: :lol: Whoever thought there'd be a series of posts about hairspray on an Aussie homebrew forum? :eek: :lol:

Shawn.
[post="92834"][/post]​

Whoever thought it would continue!

We used hair spray or laquer to preserve some items that were autographed for a charity auction. The tip actually came from a guy that was signing the shirt. As far as I know they are still in good shape.

Cheers
Gerard

Ok, no pressure, but I've got to be away from Duff's by 5pm Sat arvo with full Xmas Cases to transport to the CC on Sunday morning.

So please those guy dropping off to Duff, have it there by 4pm.

TIA,
Doc

I have KoNG's 2 crates here & will drop them at Duff's Fri arvo. The Champagne bottles are a nice touch.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
I have KoNG's 2 crates here & will drop them at Duff's Fri arvo. The Champagne bottles are a nice touch.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="93106"][/post]​

Thanx heaps for that Gerard.. :super:
i even left Gerard a little thankyou present of 2 Stella glasses (i have 6 and dont need them all) but it seems i cant give them away!! they were left on the porch. :eek:

So thanx again...
and yeh... i always use champagne bottles, so i thought i'd do the same for the Xmas case... HOPE they werent to heavy big fella ;)

After a failed first bottling attempt on Wed night (forgot I didn't have any bottle caps - one of the problems of kegging all the time), I managed to bottle my wit yesterday morning and its now sitting at BeerSlayer's place.

Obviously you'll need to give the wit a couple of weeks (at least) to carbonate. But the beer is in! :beerbang:

Berp.

Doc

The southside is now all present and accounted for. Spoke to Linz this morning and he will be picking up from me this afternoon.

:beer:
Beer Slayer

beer slayer said:
Doc

The southside is now all present and accounted for. Spoke to Linz this morning and he will be picking up from me this afternoon.

:beer:
Beer Slayer
[post="93196"][/post]​

Cheers Beer Slayer.

Linz hopes to be on his way to Duffs at 3:30pm tomorrow arvo from Eastwood.

I got some of my Xmas brew into the remaining bottles from the second keg last nigh.
All labeled this morning.

All looking good.

Beers,
Doc

Looks like we have the drop off all sorted and under control.

Time to plan getting the sorted cases back to the relevant parties.
I'll be bringing back the CC/Newie cases on Sunday arvo. Depending on what time I get back I may be able to drop them off to Duff Sunday night.
Otherwise Monday night if that is good with Duff.

Maybe those that dropped theirs off at Duff would also like to pickup from there.

Linz are you able to do a reverse run to Beer Slayer from Duff's ? BeerSlayer are you cool to be a pickup point ?
Schmick, are you able to do a dropoff back to Marks Homebrew ? CC/Newie boys are you able to pickup from Marks HB ?

Beers,
Doc

Back