NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
With apologies to Gough, I will submit a Witbier for the xmas case. I brewed yesterday and included an extra 20 litres of the wit. Turned out pretty well with an OG of 1.055 - a touch on the high side, but it does mean I got my efficiency into the high 80s :)

Fermenters are bubbling away happily this morning.

Now, as I understand it, I have to get this to Bexley before the 26th of Nov, right? I can sort out the rest of the detail later, but just wanted to check the important deadline first.

Berp.

am said:
The Xmas case brews to be labelled in any particular manner?
[post="88801"][/post]​

It's however you wish to do it Sam. Just so we can differentiate between the beers when sorted.

Cheers.

How about it Gerard? I'll loan you the bottles....
Damm, if Gerard was still at Paddy's he maybe could have done us a keggy of Pilsener each

Sorry for the tardiness of my reply.

Simple answer I have no beer.

The biggest change in lifestyle around here hasn't been my new role as Stay-At-Home-Dad, it is the empty space in the fridge where my Keggy of Paddy's Pilz used to be.

I am currently drinking Coopers Vintage #2, but I am hanging out for some Pilz. I get the occasional 6 pack of samples from TD which go down very nicely. My gear will be installed this week & I might get a brew done on Thursday or next Monday. I have my 25l urn in getting overhauled at the moment, the bolts for my shelves were lost in the move, & am looking for a water filter Tuesday. The first brew I am doing is an Organic Pilz with some Powells Malt & Organic NZ Hallertau, then I will be doing The Firkin Bolter, can't wait for that one. You can never have enough Pils ,so I guess my usual Pilsner will follow & a Black Lager. I need to supply my Dad with beer (only black or dark beers) and have 4 kegs to play with.Once this is complete I will be putting together the counter pressure filler that has been sitting here for about 18 months.

Put me down for X-Mass 2006
Cheers
Gerard

am said:
[post="88801"][/post]​

Maybe mark the top of the cap with name or initials using an indelible marker.
Will make it a lot easier to sort when you've got a bunch of bottles.

shmick said:
am said:
[post="88801"][/post]​

Maybe mark the top of the cap with name or initials using an indelible marker.
Will make it a lot easier to sort when you've got a bunch of bottles.
[post="88964"][/post]​

Don't worry Shmick, SWMBO has 'thought it all out' and has a 'zone system' using 'masking tape' for a 'production line sort'... :blink:

My labels are all designed ready to go.
Just need to print them out.
Should be transferring my Xmas Case entry from keg to bottles this weekend or early next week.

So please put labels on the bottles if you can do it, otherwise a unique mark on the cap that identifies you and the beer so we now who's is who's and what it is without having to reference this thread. Otherwise, when people drink it, the reviews will be something like....
Tonight I had the beer in the brown longneck with the white A on the cap. I think it was an ESB, but could also have passed for an Amber Ale. A nice drop. Who brewed it and what was it supposed to be ?

Beers,
Doc

Duff said:
[

Don't worry Shmick, SWMBO has 'thought it all out' and has a 'zone system' using 'masking tape' for a 'production line sort'... :blink:
[post="88970"][/post]​

What, me worry??? ;)

I'll be labelling the bottles also
I just find it easier to sort thru' a box of bottles by looking at the tops rather than lifting each and every bottle out and checking the labels.

Then again I've been told I over-analise things... or maybe I don't analise them enough... let me think about it some more... :blink:

Perhaps just assign everyone a number from 1 to 24 to label the top of their bottles and have a reference chart on the website?

Other labels and fancy decoration then becomes nice but not necessary.

Berp.

Doc said:
My labels are all designed ready to go.
Just need to print them out.
Should be transferring my Xmas Case entry from keg to bottles this weekend or early next week.

So please put labels on the bottles if you can do it, otherwise a unique mark on the cap that identifies you and the beer so we now who's is who's and what it is without having to reference this thread. Otherwise, when people drink it, the reviews will be something like....
Tonight I had the beer in the brown longneck with the white A on the cap. I think it was an ESB, but could also have passed for an Amber Ale. A nice drop. Who brewed it and what was it supposed to be ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="88971"][/post]​

Doc,

Some (sour) brews will need no identification, of course, but for the sake of consistency...

By the way, are we all using carboard beer cartons, or styrofoam boxes ?
I'll have to check what I have at home.

Hmmm, maybe I should do some amateur carpentry for some old-style milk/ beer crates with a handle. :eek:

One more Q: ...In the rare circumstance that a contributor's beer falls at the last post and is considered undrinkable, is it best that they withdraw from the Xmas case?
( or is it just my performance anxiety? )

Seth :p

Weizguy said:
Doc,

Some (sour) brews will need no identification, of course, but for the sake of consistency...

By the way, are we all using carboard beer cartons, or styrofoam boxes ?
I'll have to check what I have at home.

Hmmm, maybe I should do some amateur carpentry for some old-style milk/ beer crates with a handle. :eek:

One more Q: ...In the rare circumstance that a contributor's beer falls at the last post and is considered undrinkable, is it best that they withdraw from the Xmas case?
( or is it just my performance anxiety? )

Seth :p
[post="89070"][/post]​

Seth i too may have some performance anxiety :eek: ha ha
due to some issues with my kettle >> fermenter process... my pale came in a little under in the gravity stakes... and as such i am now entering a "mild"
(but consider it usefull for those chrissy days when you need to jump in the car soon, but need a beer too...!!!)
Besides lacking a little body everything else seems A-OK.

As for the boxes/crates... would we not just get all the other beers back in what you delivered them in...? i was planning on 2 milk crates and just thought i'd get my goodies back in the same crates.
Not that i need or want them back as such. If milk crates are not suitable i can easily find something else.

Getting close to the swap... :super:
excited KoNG

I dropped off my case last weekend and Duff told me to just drop off in whatever case/box you want and he will return them. Easy as. :)

Pretty sure that mine isn't undrinkable but still have some performance anxiety. :blink:

Stuart

Too late for the numbering system. I just labelled my bottles ala "Twelve Caesars Brewery". Gosh i love Suetonius, so much quality naming material. Not really, i'm just not creative.

I'm going with the industry standard of ex milk crates. I got to you guys, i'm really looking forward to this. Its going to be awesome trying so many styles from brewers of varying backgrounds and using different techniques.

Will

I may have to "borrow" some milk crates. Just for the swap, of course,...and then return them. I don't use them normally, so I didn't even consider them. Should be cool, tho'.

I will test the weisse B4 I consign my beers, as it was smelling a bit funky at bottling (actually it was not the beer but the speise). Watcha gonna do though,...it was a sour mash. Flavours should meld well by Chrissy.

I'd hate to disappoint anyone, so I intend not to!

Definitely be in for the Xmas case again next year. Maybe a Wit, if my recent Hoegaarden clone comes out fine.

Seth out :p

I should be bottling the mild tomorrow night all things going to plan. I too am suffereing for performance anxiety but think it should be the goods. Not sure about packaging and labelling yet, the bottles will be 800ml's though.

I'm so keen to try out all your brews. Should be a hoot.

Cheers

Borret

I haven't tasted mine since I kegged it a couple of weeks ago and it got carbonated.
Just took a sample and it is good. All good.
In fact I'm going to have to restrain myself so that there is enough to bottle for the Xmas case.
I really hope the Beergun and do the bottling job without losing carbonation or oxidising.

Beers,
Doc (with no performance anxiety yet).

Guys i just got home from a conference i was at for the last week. Put my brew on just before i left. Got home to find it sitting at 25 degrees. Every wheat i have done to this point has been at 20 or lower, normally 18. IM a little worried as to the quality of this. Its quite fruity now, and i had one like this before which turned quite bad. What is the concensus here. Do you want me to CC it for a bit and just submit? Or pull out now and avoid the humiliation of providing draino for everbody.

Cheers, Rob

Submit!! It might well be OK. If not, well we can all chalk it up to experience :D

My $0.02

Shawn.

Latest posts

Back