NSW 2013 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has everyone already brewed their beers for this meet? i should probably get started. here's my recipe (i made this while drunk as f$ck, let me know if i should change shit up):

Case Swap Sexyfuntime Ale (American Pale Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.051 (°P): 12.6
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol (ABV): 5.01 %
Colour (SRM): 7.9 (EBC): 15.6
Bitterness (IBU): 38.1 (Average)

84% Pilsner
10% Munich I
6% Crystal 60

0.5 g/L Citra (13.5% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.2 g/L Galaxy (14.9% Alpha) @ 40 Minutes (Boil)
0.2 g/L Citra (13.5% Alpha) @ 25 Minutes (Boil)
0.2 g/L Galaxy (14.9% Alpha) @ 25 Minutes (Boil)
0.1 g/L Citra (11.1% Alpha) @ 7 Minutes (Boil)
0.1 g/L Galaxy (13.4% Alpha) @ 7 Minutes (Boil)

0.0 g/L Whirlfloc Tablet @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 90 Minutes

Fermented at 18°C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
13. Fatgodzilla (lucky 13)
14. neonmeate
15. Ester Trub
16. fletcher
17. monkeybusiness
18.Goldenchild
19.Gulpa
20.adryargument
21. Jonw
22. littlejohn

Just adding myself back in.......

Looks like ill be receiving a shit load more bottles from the father in law. Can't say what condition but any one needs some put your hand up.

i'm still up for some barls. hopefully the better of the bunch haha. when's best for me to grab them mate?

ill let you know when they get here tomorrow. then we can work out a time

Not to my knowledge. I put forward a suggestion but have heard no more

sorry guys the arrival of neonmeate jnr has put paid to any hopes of supply outstripping demand enough to part with a batch...

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
13. Fatgodzilla (lucky 13)
14. DJ
15. Ester Trub
16. yum beer
17. fletcher
18. homebrewkid
19. monkeybusiness
20.Goldenchild
21. Littlejohn

Congrats mate but sorry to not see you take part

I'm out of the country for 90 days on the 13th of june, would be interested in doing the swap before then.

Otherwise is there someone I could drop the case off with and pick the swap case from in exchange for some other beers or some ingredients?

black_labb said:
I'm out of the country for 90 days on the 13th of june, would be interested in doing the swap before then.

Otherwise is there someone I could drop the case off with and pick the swap case from in exchange for some other beers or some ingredients?
I might be able to pick yours up, I've sent you a pm.

Do you want this one Scott or am I hosting

barls said:
Do you want this one Scott or am I hosting
what was the consensus for the best date? I'm happy to host either month if you are busy.

I'm happy for the date I already put up otherwise its yours mate.
What's everyone's thoughts on the date.

happy for whenever although i'll be overseas in late july so not fussed when it is. brewing mine this week

The later the better for my beer.
It needs some time to age.

Is anyone against the Idea of me doing 2x stubbies for the swap? I can't decide between 3 different brews at the moment which I want to part with as I do single batches and it would be a pity to have only a few bottles of the batch myself.

Otherwise I'll just rebrew something which is no problem.

The original idea behind no stubbles, pet or champagne bottles is some people felt short changed and the didn't always fit right in the crates. Ie 28 longies fit in two milk crates.
Personally I don't mind but others might.

I understand, If any single person is against it I'll happily follow the stated rules without any hard feelings.

edit: I might just do the belgian pale, It'll be best fresh and I can brew another when I get back from overseas.

I don't really care what type of bottle I get. I have heaps of bottles laying around from my pre-kegging days.

For people thinking of pulling out because there won't be enough time to brew, as long as you haven't stuffed it and can get it into the bottle before the day you should be OK. Of course it's nice to have the beers ready to drink straight away but there's something to be said for having the beers ready at different times (can't drink them all in one weekend now can I!) It's not that hard to wait a couple of weeks before the beer is ready.

I've been known to be bottling on the morning of the swap though it's not advisable :p

Back