NSW 2013 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the gf has let him out of his cage again for a little time.
hmm now what to do a fruit beer or a sour???

1. Cortez the Killer

2. matho

3. grantw

4. black_labb

5. barls

6. RexBanner

7. Josh

8. Nick R

9. The Village Idiot

10. pimpsqueak

11. ScottC

12. nifty

13. Fatgodzilla (lucky 13)

14. neonmeate

nifty said:
Hey Mr Zilla, long time no see...

Yes Nifty, way too long out of the scene. Got mixed up in too many non-beer events and committees. Not this year !! (I hope ..)

Cortez The Killer said:
Sour fruit?

Its this type of illness that probably caused the demise of past case swaps ........... black sour fruit IPA, now there's a challenge!

Cortez The Killer said:
Sour fruit?
could be too short a time. but ill give it ago may have to be the christmas one
Fatgodzilla said:
−−−−−−−−−−−Its this type of illness that probably caused the demise of past case swaps ........... black sour fruit IPA, now there's a challenge!
no i believe it was lack of attendance, caused by dodgy beers from a larger bearded person.
im willing to give a sour black ipa a go though if you want.
what fruit though wold have to be something citrus or maybe stonefruit???

Blackberries perhaps?

I'm wracking my brains for what to brew, maybe something smokey as I have a quantity of rauch malt to hand, or I could make a Kotbusser - it's a weizen like malt bill with oats and a bit of molasses and honey added, fermented with german ale yeast. Maybe just the thing for winter.

oohhhh that sounds nice. might do a brewday soon to make a sour base and see how it goes.

not 100% I could attend an event but would like to be involved in a swap.... Hope this is ok...

1. Cortez the Killer

2. matho

3. grantw

4. black_labb

5. barls

6. RexBanner

7. Josh

8. Nick R

9. The Village Idiot

10. pimpsqueak

11. ScottC

12. nifty

13. Fatgodzilla (lucky 13)

14. neonmeate

15. DJ

MastersBrewery said:
I'd be in ... but no tallies, I usually keg and bottle 8l to 500ml grolsch bottles and I aint giving 50-60 of those away> Will check ebay see if I can get me some tallies
I should have some for you mate. BTW, I was cleaning up the other day and found some stuff I think is yours. It was high up on a shelf so I didn't notice it until recently.

brewed today, if everything goes OK it will be the case swap beer. Best described as an AIPA, a 1.069 beer bittered to 55 IBU's with 40g of cascade flowers and 30g of galaxy flowers at the 10 min mark. Smells and tastes awesome going to ferment it with wyeast 1272 American ale 2.

We need more brewers, come on NSW

cheers steve

trying for a lambic tomorrow. will have to see closer to the date if it will make it.
if not ill brew an apa or something.

An NSW caseswap!? Been way too long... last time I think there were 7 of us and you all got a bottle of my wine instead of beer :p

Might hold back from this one...not sure where i'll be in July...

I obviously didn't pay any attention to the july part. I may end up being lost in a forest somewhere in siberia in july. I'll brew a beer but may end up finding someone to leave the beer with, either that or I'll be here in civilisation and will happily do a swap.

We'll see, first thing I need to brew the beer, which means I need to wait on the new power supply for my brewing setup to appear on the doorstep.

i'm interested but i feel like that scared new kid testing the waters. only brewed a few BIAB brews so far so starting to get the hang of it (and don't have non-PET longies). if the latter changes, and i get some bottles and a capper i'll jump in :)

as i previously said mate,
can scrape up a few glass bottles if you want.
jump in its one of the best way to get some decent feed back besides comps.

trying for a lambic tomorrow. .
i'm interested but i feel like that scared new kid testing the waters

All you noobies or potential first time swappers - do not overestimate the quality of this swap. (that doesn't sound good, does it??)Whilst naturally some beers will be brilliant (mine of course and a few others no doubt will get close) - the aim as always is - TRY YOUR BEST. We don't ask for anything more in these swaps.(we don't ask anything from Barls - he'll supply whatever crap he brews then will tell everyone its a lambic to cover crook beer) And it's about a bit of fun.The swap itself is about a bit of good old fashioned mateship - men sharing good times and great conversation. (Barls would like you to share a shower with him, but that's what you get from being in the Navy. But I digress.) Some good friendships have been forged through this NSW case swaps, often reinforced at Pub Crawls and beer competitions. So come along and have some fun and join the jamboree ...

I

I completely agree with fatz, all you swap virgins you have nothing to lose (except your virginity) entering a case swap. First swap I entered I was worried about losing my good coopers bottles but in the end the beers in the bottles that I got back was worth it. For the record most of my bottle will be coopers bottles as I gave away almost all of my thin bottles at the last brewday I had.

cheers steve

I missed out on the last Illawarra case swap because I hadn't brewed for months.
Stoked to be a part of this one.
I'll be making something BIG :)

Cheers
Ben

1. Cortez the Killer

2. matho

3. grantw

4. black_labb

5. barls

6. RexBanner

7. Josh

8. Nick R