NSW 2013 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monkeybusiness said:
I don't really care what type of bottle I get. I have heaps of bottles laying around from my pre-kegging days.

For people thinking of pulling out because there won't be enough time to brew, as long as you haven't stuffed it and can get it into the bottle before the day you should be OK. Of course it's nice to have the beers ready to drink straight away but there's something to be said for having the beers ready at different times (can't drink them all in one weekend now can I!) It's not that hard to wait a couple of weeks before the beer is ready.

I've been known to be bottling on the morning of the swap though it's not advisable :p
I echo those sentiments. Have bottled the night before a swap before.

As long as I get a nice range of beers, that's all that matters. The way I've been drinking lately, I'll still have some left by Summer.

Don't care about bottles. The way I'm going I'll be bottling the night before the swap as well. Going to brew this weekend, likely something belgian, for some winter drinking.

A.

havent even startd fermenting yet mine will most likely be a mild as i get enough shit from fatz every time i do a high alcohol beer.

Finally started the doppelbock lagering tonight. I may well leave bottling until the day before too...

Yeah but Fatz doesnt even like fruit beers!
I'm also not fussed on bottle size or shape & will have either a farmhouse ale or near 10% triple

barls said:
havent even startd fermenting yet mine will most likely be a mild as i get enough shit from fatz every time i do a high alcohol beer.
RexBanner said:
Yeah but Fatz doesnt even like fruit beers!
I'm also not fussed on bottle size or shape & will have either a farmhouse ale or near 10% triple

Now Barls, it's not the high alcohol I have troubles with, its just that all your beers either have fruit or are infected with that lambic shyte yeast infection you have in all your fermenters B)

No real beer drinker likes fruit beers - I'm just the only one that tells the truth! :p

Better get cracking with my entry. I'll buy a can opener tomorrow and a kilo of sugar .........................

Part of mine could be a belgian IPA with nelson sauvin, smells like grape bubble gum right now.

So I just moved to brisbane, should i be cancelling my name from the list or keeping it on? (First case swap... How does this effect the drop off points/case swap?)
I will be contributing either a raspberry berliner weisse - red wine barrel aged (Fermented Dec 6 2012) or a golden ale lambic weiss blendo i chucked in the barrel after i removed the berl weisse(Feb 1 2013 - still in barrel).

simple mate, ether be there on the day or leave it with someone and pick up after

not yet two locations have been put up with dates for each but no decission has been made or discussed.

unfortunately i have to pull the pin. pretty solid end of month between next few weeks until going overseas in july with interstate work and bloody tidying up work before i fly out. so sorry all. should have seen it well beforehand but was just hoping i could get it all done in time. i won't get a single brew down at this stage.

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
13. Fatgodzilla (lucky 13)
14. DJ
15. Ester Trub
16. yum beer
17. homebrewkid
18. monkeybusiness
19. Goldenchild
20. Littlejohn

Arggh. you can't change the numbers. Mine are already labeled as number 16
:p

fixed. any more drop outs just remove your name dont redo the numbers.

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
14. DJ
15. Ester Trub
16. yum beer
18. homebrewkid
19. monkeybusiness
20.Goldenchild
21. Littlejohn
also people we need to make a decision on date and location.
anyone with an opinion on the two options

oops.
Looks like my number got changed back in April when DJ pulled out and I didn't realise.
All good. I will change my sixes to fives.

Can I suggest a later rather than earlier date for the swap? It is xmas in July case swap after all.
Seems like that will give everyone time to actually get theirs in bottles.

happy ether way, probably wont make the july date as have a lot on, doesnt matter can drop off before hand and pick up after.

if you already have them labeled why not pm the user with 16 and ask if its ok if you swap. saves dicking around trying to change numbers.

Just going back through the forum to PM yum beer, and his last post says he has dropped out of the swap, but he hasn't removed his name from the list.

I am just going to remove him and put my name in his place.
I will also remove DJ from the list.

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
16. Ester Trub
18. homebrewkid
19. monkeybusiness
20.Goldenchild
21. Littlejohn

What the hell, I might as well be in this year. Again. If anybody removes me again, I'll get upset and brew a fruit beer.

1. Cortez the Killer
2. matho
3. grantw
4. black_labb
5. barls
6. RexBanner
7. Josh
8. Nick R
9. The Village Idiot
10. pimpsqueak
11. ScottC
12. nifty
14. JonW
16. Ester Trub
18. homebrewkid
19. monkeybusiness
20. Goldenchild
21. Littlejohn

sorry jon thought i got the most recent version.
ill bring a fruit one just for you to make it up

Latest posts

Back