Norweigian Plumbers Ok!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozy the clown

Reaction score
Beer flows in Norwegian apartment taps

A woman thought she was in heaven when beer instead of water flowed from the taps in her apartment in west Norway.

"I turned on the tap to clean some knives and forks and beer came out," Haldis Gundersen said from her home in Kristiansund in west Norway.

"We thought we were in heaven."

Beer in Norway is among the most expensive in the world with a 0.4 litre glass costing about 50 crowns ($10.80) in a bar.

Ms Gundersen said she tried the beer but that it tasted a bit odd and was not fizzy.

It turned out that a worker in a bar two floors below had mixed up the pipes on Saturday evening, wrongly connecting a new barrel to a water pipe leading to Gundersen's flat.

The bar got water in its beer taps.

"If it happens again I'm going to order Baileys (coffee liqueur)," she said.

-Reuters

Print Email

When I was in Germany many moons ago we found that some of the smaller 'bergs' had direct metered lines to the local brewery.
Once a month an account would arrive.
I have also heard that McDonalds have beer on tap as well, I don't know if this is true.
Discovered what those urinals mounted up on the wall with handles either side were for as well, albeit when an overly imbibed local barged in and gave an impromptu demonstration, not that I think he has any memory of it :eek:

Piste said:
I have also heard that McDonalds have beer on tap as well, I don't know if this is true.
[post="114288"][/post]​
Some friends have been to various European countries and said the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's

"1971: The first McDonald's opens in Germany (Munich) in December. It is the first McDonald's to sell alcohol, as it offers beer. Other European countries follow in the early 1970s."

Latest posts

Back