Northern Nsw Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxt

Geer bod
Reaction score
Speaking to a few brewers in the area (Lismore, Ballina) I thought it would be a good idea to see who lives up this way. If we have enough interest we may look at a get together, but also share the load in other areas (bulk buys, trips up to Ross's wonderland, organising of entries into NSW/Nats etc).

So, if you are an AG brewer (or interested in making better beer) let us know who you are.

G'day, I'm from Evans Head. Very keen on this, was thinking of setting something up myself. Been doing AG for about 2 years now, moving into Gruit's at the moment. Would really enjoy the opportunity to meet other brewers in the area!

Any you blokes need longneck bottles? Was at a restaurant last weekend that goes through heaps of Coopers bottles and they currently just throw them out. In Lennox Head.

I tend to keg or use Grolsch bottles, thanks though Mark!

Max there was a bloke; MattC who I was in touch with from up this way as well looking at setting something like this up. I think there is a number of us up this way just not regular forum trolls.

Could be worth starting a brew club in the forum? 'If you build it they will come' attitude.

Yeah we did float this about a year or two ago, but didn't get much interest (other than MattC and another brewer from a bit further south).

Perhaps just a meet and greet at Stone and Wood one arvo.

Yeah we did float this about a year or two ago, but didn't get much interest (other than MattC and another brewer from a bit further south).

Perhaps just a meet and greet at Stone and Wood one arvo.

Hey Boys, Yes I inquired about the possibility of setting up a Northern NSW brew club a while ago and as Maxt suggested there was not a great deal of interest, apart from Galamus, Maxt, myself, Crusty (Yamba) and possibly Ducatiboy Stu (Grafton). Since then I can only think of one more (TonyN from lismore) who would be another possibility. I even toyed with idea of doing up some kind of flyer to give to LHBS to hand out to home brewers in the event of gauging some interest. There are probably many kits and bits brewers out there that dont even know what all grain is or havnt even heard of the AHB forum. I am still very keen on this club idea coming to fruition at some stage but it has taken a bit of a back seat over the last 12 months as we have just had a daughter recently (now 11 weeks old), but it would be great to meet for a get together somewhere soon.

In addition, the Harvest Cafe in Newrybar is hosting a lunch next sunday (Nov 6) with the Stone and Wood brewery. Kind of a low key festival atmosphere with beer and food matching. The wife and I are on the mailing list, if your interested PM me your e-mail addy and I will forward on the details to you.

Cheers

So lets start a prospective shortlist here for brewers on the north coast, who may be interested in a get together, with the prospect of satrting a brew club of sorts.

1. MattC - Ballina
2. Maxt - Modanville
3. TonyN - Lismore
4. Galamus - Evans Head
5. Crusty - Yamba
6. Caffiene Dealer - Broadwater
7. Ducatiboy stu - Near Grafton

Cmon, lets try and add to this list!!

If its lennox/ballina and on weekends i could maybe come

My parents live down there and I often go down there every other weekend for a bit of R&R

Too easy mate, will pencil you in as a prospect..

At this time of year everyone is bloody busy, so i think a get together in the new year sometime when everything settles down would be the best bet. Any thoughts?

1. MattC - Ballina
2. Maxt - Modanville
3. TonyN - Lismore
4. Galamus - Evans Head
5. Crusty - Yamba
6. Caffiene Dealer - Broadwater
7. Ducatiboy stu - Near Grafton
8. Mark^******* - Brisbane/Lennox

I will be brewing my house beer (Galaxy APA) if anyone in the area is interested in joining me this weekend.

Mash in 8am. Saturday

PM me for details.

Also looking at a brewery tour/lunch at one of the Byron breweries on Sat morning. I'll keep you posted.

BUMP :)

Ok what happened. I've been off the seen for some time. Got back on and had a message from MattC that he was going to try to get something started. Must be a few more around here now that it has been 12 months tomorrow since this thread started. I'm just starting to get an AG Brew Rig together. Would be good to get together with some local brewers to talk and learn from each other. Any interest in this?

BUMP :)

Ok what happened. I've been off the seen for some time. Got back on and had a message from MattC that he was going to try to get something started. Must be a few more around here now that it has been 12 months tomorrow since this thread started. I'm just starting to get an AG Brew Rig together. Would be good to get together with some local brewers to talk and learn from each other. Any interest in this?

I'm from Grafton, currently working OS, but moving back to Grafton this December, and will be getting straight back into the brewing, i've only really done partials before, but since working oversea's i've added to my brewery and will go straight into BIAB and then probably build a 3v system of something of the like later down the track, i'm on a farm just out of Grafton, so i'm going to get planting hops and so forth also.

Would be keen on meet ups and swaps and so on for sure..

Cheers,

Shaun...

I'm from Grafton, currently working OS, but moving back to Grafton this December, and will be getting straight back into the brewing, i've only really done partials before, but since working oversea's i've added to my brewery and will go straight into BIAB and then probably build a 3v system of something of the like later down the track, i'm on a farm just out of Grafton, so i'm going to get planting hops and so forth also.

Would be keen on meet ups and swaps and so on for sure..

Cheers,

Shaun...

Good to hear Shaun. Lets see if the others that that started this and a few more get on board. I'm 10km inland from Byron Bay. Will take me some time to get set with a rig. Done bottles and KK for years and a bit over it.

Cheers,

Baldrick

Well 8 days from now and I'll officially be living back in Grafton, full time and for good.

Sooooooooooooo...

Is everyone still brewing? :D

Im in Byron Bay too. Would be good to see whos brewing. Could do some grain orders together etc.

shaunous said:
Well 8 days from now and I'll officially be living back in Grafton, full time and for good.

Sooooooooooooo...

Is everyone still brewing? :D
I'm still brewing & still in Yamba.

Still brewing. Perhaps we should have a get together at Byron or bris next bulk grain order

Latest posts

Back