Non Brewing Section

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therook

Reaction score
Okay i'm going out on a limb here and probably get shot down...

What is the Non Brewing section of the Forum for?????????

Everyday we are getting subject that have absolutely nothing to do with brewing not in this section, such as

Trailer for hire

Are you a cyclists

These are just a couple of examples

Next thing i probably be seeing posted is " Where can i get my poodle clipped in Melbourne "

People continually complain about people not using the search function but at least they are posting about beer related topics

I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks this

Okay sook over

Rook

I see this forum as more than a repository of information and a Q&A workshop. It's a community of people who like talking about more than brewing (though brewing is a connection for all). Thus, an off topic section.

I see this forum as more than a repository of information and a Q&A workshop. It's a community of people who like talking about more than brewing (though brewing is a connection for all). Thus, an off topic section.

Exactly, so why aren't the off topic stuff posted in the off topic section

Rook

Exactly, so why aren't the off topic stuff posted in the off topic section

Rook

Maybe you should follow your own advice and post this in off topic (or even forum suggestions) as well?

People sometimes post in the wrong section. If you have a problem with it, report it and enter the details. Problem solved.

Well, the description for 'The Pub' section is

General Chit-Chat and Brew related questions.
which could be interpreted as allowing somewhat off-topic posts. What was that subforum designed for? Is it stuff that you would talk about 'down at the pub'?

I would agree though that most of those examples probably belong in 'Off-Topic'. And this one belongs in 'Forum Suggestions'. Shall we spend the rest of the day chasing down misplaced posts?

I cliip my own dogs as those groomers are too pricey. sorry Rook couldnt help it.

What are we talking about exactly? The non beer brewing part? thats brewing related. its about brewing other bevvies.

agreed re trailer thread, that should have been in marketplace or off topic.

or if i read between the lines are you more asking for tighter control / thinking about posting off topic threads. if its not beer related post it in off topic.

*CM2 now hopes he hasnt been guilty of the above offence*

bang, first shot. Direct hit.

Unless I missed it; the section is for non-beer brewing - For all non-beer related brewing: mead, cider, perry, etc.

Everyday we are getting subject that have absolutely nothing to do with brewing not in this section, such as

Trailer for hire

Are you a cyclists

These are just a couple of examples

Next thing i probably be seeing posted is " Where can i get my poodle clipped in Melbourne "

People continually complain about people not using the search function but at least they are posting about beer related topics

Maybe you could have used the search function before you asked the above question? :lol:
I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks this

Okay sook over

Rook
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that you didn't perform any research before blundering in and posting.
But that's cool. Some of the most interesting threads result from such leaps of faith. :p

Beerz
Les

As per the Category Description.

For all non-beer related brewing: mead, cider, perry, etc.

Beers,
Doc

I would take a guess that the non-brewing part (actually the "Off Topic"
Anything Non Beer related put it in here
) of the forum is for ...well non-brewing stuff

E.g.

- Knitting
- Blue rinse bulk buys
- How do I fix my thinga majig whatsit that is under my doovie in my bathroom
- Where can i get my poodle clipped in Melbourne

you get the drift...anyway lets all just go have a home brew and get back to it....now who wants to hire that trailer :lol:

That reminds me I still havent racked my brew that Winkle reminded me of yesterday....so another non-useless thread...jackpot.

Pok

I have a head cold.

I think he meant the fermenter section as non brewing related topics.

fellas I think your being a bit hard on Rook. I think he's just asking why the off topics cant be kept off topic.

edit
I suppose the 'pub' section could be whats referred to here. I always took it that it was general chit chat but still beer related. maybe others dont see it that way

fellas I think your being a bit hard on Rook. I think he's just asking why the off topics cant be kept off topic.

edit
I suppose the 'pub' section could be whats referred to here. I always took it that it was general chit chat but still beer related. maybe others dont see it that way

Bretto, they can throw as much as they like at me, i expected it.....what i'm trying to get at is , it would be nice to just see all Brewing related stuff in the All Latest Threads box.

Rook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back