Single Vessel Brewing - RoboBrew 35L Gen 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there Kegland,

I just watched Kee's video running through the Gen3 Robo. The extra bottom screen for the malt pipe looks like a great idea as I've noticed a fair bit of grain finding its way into the wort. Will these fit the gen2 models and do you think they will be sold as spares? If so, I would be very keen depending on $...

Hey Rossbaker. I knew we would start getting this question as soon as we posted that video.
1. Yes the extra screen will be compatible with the older Robobrew Gen 2 models.
2. We dont have this screen sold as a spare part yet but I think we will start to get the stock of this spare part some time in April. It will not be an expensive upgrade.

We will put the part on our website www.kegland.com.au as soon and the part number for that spare part is KL06132. It should be up on our website before the end of the week. Once it's uploaded you can just go to the product and then click on

We don't take back orders or anything like that but we do have a notification system so if you register for notification on our website you will get an email when the product comes back in stock.

To give you can example see the screen shot below:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/Kegland Sign up to Get Notified for Out Of Stock Item.PNG

You can see you just click on this link then you can put in your email to get the notification.

These are up on the Kegland site now. Postage to Perth was cheap at $25 express (I got a CO2 reg as well).

I’m spewing. Just got a bonus at work which I was going to put towards the Robobrew but it has come too late. Hope they are back in stock soon with the same price

Hey Rossbaker. I knew we would start getting this question as soon as we posted that video.
1. Yes the extra screen will be compatible with the older Robobrew Gen 2 models.
2. We dont have this screen sold as a spare part yet but I think we will start to get the stock of this spare part some time in April. It will not be an expensive upgrade.

We will put the part on our website www.kegland.com.au as soon and the part number for that spare part is KL06132. It should be up on our website before the end of the week. Once it's uploaded you can just go to the product and then click on

We don't take back orders or anything like that but we do have a notification system so if you register for notification on our website you will get an email when the product comes back in stock.

To give you can example see the screen shot below:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/Kegland Sign up to Get Notified for Out Of Stock Item.PNG

You can see you just click on this link then you can put in your email to get the notification.

Hi guys,
Have you watched Gash Slugs review of your Gen 3? He had recirc and sparge issues which he reckons is due to the additional screen sandwiching grain between the 2 and resulting in no flow. Has this been reported to you before? The screen does look a bit flimsy and I wondered how it stayed flat.

Cheers

Hi guys,
Have you watched Gash Slugs review of your Gen 3? He had recirc and sparge issues which he reckons is due to the additional screen sandwiching grain between the 2 and resulting in no flow. Has this been reported to you before? The screen does look a bit flimsy and I wondered how it stayed flat.

Cheers
Hey Andy
I brewed yesterday with the second screen and had absolutely no issues. On the Robobrew user page on Facebook many others had the same experience as I did.

In his wrap up Gash offers a few suggestions as to why it happened. So I made sure my screen was as flat as possible against the bottom screen and it went perfectly.

Cheers Hamo

Hey Andy
I brewed yesterday with the second screen and had absolutely no issues. On the Robobrew user page on Facebook many others had the same experience as I did.

In his wrap up Gash offers a few suggestions as to why it happened. So I made sure my screen was as flat as possible against the bottom screen and it went perfectly.

Cheers Hamo
Awesome, good to hear!

Do we know when this is likely to be back in stock? Days/weeks/months?

Has anyone had a problem with the temp probe on their Gen 3? Mines displaying 123 / 124 degrees C no matter what temp water I put in. Yes I've checked its in celsius not farenheit... When I change to farenheit, it reads 253 degrees F.

I first put in 50 degree water from my urn and it displayed 84 degrees. I checked with a thermometer and it was only 50 degrees. When I turned the pump on to see if circulating would help, it jumped straight up to 123 degrees??? I tried the + - button reset which didnt seem to work and the calibration feature only does 10 degrees +/-.

I havent actually used it yet, I was getting ready for a brew tomorrow!

Calibration This model of robobrew has a temperature calibration feature. If you find that the actual temperature on the display is not correct this can be calibrated. This proceedure is not normally required and if you are unsure of what you are doing it’s best if you leave the calibration 0. To adjust the calibration settings follow the instructions below: 1. Power up the Robobrew and press the pause button. 2. Press and hold down the time button until the calibration number is displayed. 3. Adjust the calibration number between -10 and +10. A positive figure will increase the displayed temperature and a negative figure will decrease the displayed temerperature. For instance if your Robobrew is reading 200C on the display but it should be reading 250C then use a calibration figure of positive 5. 4. Press the time button again to return to the home screen. Note: The calibration figure must be set in celcius but it will effect the displayed

Calibration This model of robobrew has a temperature calibration feature. If you find that the actual temperature on the display is not correct this can be calibrated. This proceedure is not normally required and if you are unsure of what you are doing it’s best if you leave the calibration 0. To adjust the calibration settings follow the instructions below: 1. Power up the Robobrew and press the pause button. 2. Press and hold down the time button until the calibration number is displayed. 3. Adjust the calibration number between -10 and +10. A positive figure will increase the displayed temperature and a negative figure will decrease the displayed temerperature. For instance if your Robobrew is reading 200C on the display but it should be reading 250C then use a calibration figure of positive 5. 4. Press the time button again to return to the home screen. Note: The calibration figure must be set in celcius but it will effect the displayed
Yep tried that but the calibration feature can only bring it back by 10 degrees C not 35.

I just tried it again to make sure but still didnt work it. I turned the temp up to 130 degrees C with about 2 litres of water in the bottom.My thermometer said it went to 70 degrees but the Robobrew display only went up 2 degrees to 125C. When I change it to farenheit, inststead of displaying 255 theres a little r shaped number in place of the first 5...

Haha no worries, thanks for the help mate. I'll just go back to the urn for tomorrow and see if Kegland can find a solution.

Latest posts

Back