No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't tell too many of the idiots.
Last fill I pull up at our local servo, and there's a queue 8 or 9 cars deep, all trying the get to a bowser so they can fill from the petrol cap side.
Yours truly drove past them all to an empty lane. Drove close to the bowser, pulled the hose across the car to the other side, and filled up as normal. All the time I was thinking, the world's getting more and more dumb, and we seem to be breeding ever more idiots without a thinking cell in their brain.

So true. I really don't get it, mate. Thinking for yourself is becoming a novel idea.

At the latest thread in K&K...

a quiet chuckle, moving along

I also had a chuckle, but gave the poor sod the benefit of the doubt, and my limited wisdom.

In my lifetime I've managed to rebuild everything from basic motorcycle engines and gearboxes to the top end of my 80 series diesel Landcruiser successfully with no formal mechanical training.

I just spent the best part of three hours assembling a Soho tallboy five draw flat pack from Freedom Furniture. A project that made me at times want to smash the partially completed particle board and veneer shitbox to ******* splinters with a large hammer.
I should have just taken the display model.

SWMBO used to work for freedom so has some weird sense of loyalty to them judging by the amount of their crap we have in our place.

I feel your pain.

I gotta say i can't believe i didn't know this thread existed.

How bout those riots huh?

It is a pretty well made and amazing film that's set it all off:

Last edited by a moderator:
In my lifetime I've managed to rebuild everything from basic motorcycle engines and gearboxes to the top end of my 80 series diesel Landcruiser successfully with no formal mechanical training.

I just spent the best part of three hours assembling a Soho tallboy five draw flat pack from Freedom Furniture. A project that made me at times want to smash the partially completed particle board and veneer shitbox to ******* splinters with a large hammer.
I should have just taken the display model.
I know man, what is it with chicks and their insatiable desire for Freedom/Ikea/whatever and then making men assemble it, only for them to look incompetent because it is entirely sub-standard in manufacturing and will often be short (or over) a peg or hex bolt (which are made of the weakest steel-like substance known to man).

I know I might be extrapolating your situation wrongly, but it seems to be a common thread.

I just got my first real DMS in a light beer mostly made with Wey Bo Pils, I even boiled for 90 mins, but not vigorously enough obviously. Drinkable, and no one else will notice, but I will.

It is a pretty well made and amazing film that's set it all off:

So that is what all the noise is about!!
They spew worse crap on fb, declaring the world infidel and vowing revenge and death on every non believer! I can quite imagine the gullible amongst them getting rather worked up about just about anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't sell the display models. Even if they have no stock left.

ItWouldMeanTheyhaveToPutAnotherfukinKitTogetherPunkin

786997-protest-involves-children.jpg

Awwww, isn't it just gorgeous?

I belieeeeeeve the children are our future....

Sexual Chocolate ladies and gentlemen!

So this guy Steve wrote a free BIAB e-book, also seems to have a side line in sophisticated- looking water pipes and recently merged the two hobbies into one new website; updated links to it were posted in various forums. A particularly bizarre response to that was on Biabrewer- Steve was banned and the links removed, despite the fact that the site disclaimer indicates that it is only for tobacco. A bit harsh IMO, I'm sensing a teensy bit of a double standard, moreso when considering the issue of keg ownership. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh. Water pipe. Not, you know, pipes that carry water. Got there in the end.

hey bum

noticed you posting abut members going missing......

I lost interest in brewing after my twins came along and i started to get some finical issues with the ATO - fuckers and you accountants who suck GTFO - and issues with the whole family and partner. made me want to get an exit plan together. So i took some time out and went out to jurien bay and fished and relax. worked alright for a little while. then shit with work. Abuse by shift supervisors for looking after my family and no idea of what is actually happening at our workplace - My partner and I work at the same place but in different departments - just compounded things. Then a house move to a more bedroom house but smaller overall but with a bigger shed. then more health issues for me and it just ******* sucks.

To top it all off my last 3 beers i have found undrinkable. 2 were modifed from my williamette amber ale and variations are just not to good. Just seem to be lacking the maltiness of the first few brews. Slight fruitiness with the one brewed with 1318 but thats about it.

THen i tried a rye ale i seem to have the issue with my pilsner. some slight not so good sweetness or horrible aftertaste. So i took a break to it all and jsut let it all just get shitty and crusty.

Oh to top it all off my kids stuck 3 CD's in my PS3 so no chance of playing any games...

So with the help of a few mates i sort of got back into it. Made a new system up and seems to be working although under my vol by 2L it needs some work but it works.

Now i hear work is getting worse and my missus needs to have her gallbladder removed now and i am off to bali in 4 weeks. ******* great.

Although

This was fun'

296739_10151156721709684_1711701952_n.jpg

and this too

601612_10151148268894684_1443318842_n.jpg

I could never live with out my kids.

Back