No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it. Just went for broke and quit. Would be funny these next few weeks... Hello Brisbane.

On a weekday. Respect. Visited sick dog at the vet, tilled 40 of square meters of garden. That'll do.

RDO. Government worker.
How's the dog?

I need to investigate an important ethical issue relating to IT for a group assignment at uni. Everyone in the group is getting too technical and ignoring the broader community. You're the broader community - what seems important to you?

RDO. Government worker.
How's the dog?
Dog is old. Nearly 12 which is pretty good as she had her first tumor cut out at 2. She may have had a stroke or it could be something worse, she's unsteady on her feet and leaning to one side. We'll see how it goes.

Man, that's rough, jlm. Good luck with her.

...getting more than 700 words to meaningfully compare utilitarianism to deontology.

Good news! Instead of an "essay" with a word limit, this time we get to make 5 minutes worth of Youtube video! Before anyone asks, the answer is no.

Cold crashed 20 litres, bottled 40 litres, and fermented 60 litres.
I'm tired.
Went to mash in last night, looked at the time, 7:20pm. (bloody kids and getting their fussy meals ready).
Fermenter still needed rinsing & boiler setting up.
Screw it, brewing tonight instead. All ready to go.

I need to investigate an important ethical issue relating to IT for a group assignment at uni. Everyone in the group is getting too technical and ignoring the broader community. You're the broader community - what seems important to you?

My brother-in law, who just launched his own business in IT, hooked me up with me a nice HP packager to replace my floundering work computer. He explained it's basic function to me using a combination of phonetics and sock puppetry. Really helped me grasp the fundamentals.

Maby your uni should focus less on ethical focus groups and focus more on how IT graduates will find meaningful employment in what seems, to this laymen at least, an incredibly competitive, dynamic and specialized field.

My brother-in law, who just launched his own business in IT, hooked me up with me a nice HP packager to replace my floundering work computer. He explained it's basic function to me using a combination of phonetics and sock puppetry. Really helped me grasp the fundamentals.

Maby your uni should focus less on ethical focus groups and focus more on how IT graduates will find meaningful employment in what seems, to this laymen at least, an incredibly competitive, dynamic and specialized field.
That's what we need. More sock puppets.

Here's why you never, ever, buy HP

QPpJP.jpg

Just called our IT dept with pc issues.
I swear, I almost heard the bong water sloshing as he put it down.

I'm not the broader community. I'm pretty skinny (see what i did there). I also work in the field. But I do have contact with the broader community. Some things that come up in my conversations (yes... my conversations are usually very dull) -

• Ethics around filesharing
  • Data retention (can companies/governments be trusted)
  • Identity theft
  • Online shopping vs buying local
  • Is telecommunting really working and how can your boss tell.
  • Does your boss have the right to digitally spy on you (read emails/monitor time/log keystrokes etc)

Cheers
Dave

Thanks, Dave. The last three in particular may be helpful. The first three, while valid, will probably end up being fairly well covered by other groups. Those and cyber-bullying. Cyber-bullying seems to be a very popular topic for some reason.

ACS requires that any program seeking accreditation have a full credit course dealing with ethics in ICT. You may be please to learn that the school treats (and presents) the subject as a bit of an afterthought/joke. This is unfortunate since ethics in ICT isn't really something that is "naturally" ingrained in people and should be taught in an in-depth manner to get people to actually think about their future professional actions.

Here's why you never, ever, buy HP

QPpJP.jpg
The Asus I'm using right now wasn't any better when I bought it. I think it is pretty much par for the course these days.

The Asus I'm using right now wasn't any better when I bought it. I think it is pretty much par for the course these days.

Yep.. first thing I did with my new asus was flatten it to get rid of the asus branded bloatware that was filling it up. Ubuntu FTW!

Now that I am leaving... And the whole place knows! It is very peaceful in my work life... I am gonna miss it.

Might be a FWP

Go retro. Break out the mandolin and go nuts with juillienne salad. Mandolin everything. Is cool.

great fennel salads all week.

Reckon this turd is under pressure at the moment?

newmanscowl.jpg

hahahahahahahahahaha

The hose at the fuel station does actually reach over a normal sized car, you impatient cock.

The hose at the fuel station does actually reach over a normal sized car, you impatient cock.

Don't tell too many of the idiots.
Last fill I pull up at our local servo, and there's a queue 8 or 9 cars deep, all trying the get to a bowser so they can fill from the petrol cap side.
Yours truly drove past them all to an empty lane. Drove close to the bowser, pulled the hose across the car to the other side, and filled up as normal. All the time I was thinking, the world's getting more and more dumb, and we seem to be breeding ever more idiots without a thinking cell in their brain.

Latest posts

Back