No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it sure feels like another workday. DAMN IT!!!

Not for us retired old codgers!

After shoulder surgery last February, I finally got a clearance from the surgeon yesterday to start gradually back at golf. Off to the Wauchope Country Club this morning, to finally get some value for my membership fees!

I do feel for you fellows still having to rock up to work. The day I walked out of work for the last time, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders, even though I did like my job.

As I approach Friday, the drums are rolling louder, there is an urgency that isn't all about the work, patience is going walkabout atm, there will be blood soon :)

(at least a million cusses...)

Not for us retired old codgers!

After shoulder surgery last February, I finally got a clearance from the surgeon yesterday to start gradually back at golf. Off to the Wauchope Country Club this morning, to finally get some value for my membership fees!

I do feel for you fellows still having to rock up to work. The day I walked out of work for the last time, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders, even though I did like my job.

Workdays over soon as well ... I'll be joining Warra on the magnificent Macquarie Coast - finally settled on Old Bar.

I nearly broke down in tears twice over the last few days. First time when I stepped onto the beach there and finally realised what God intended beaches to be like.
Second time when I walked into the Old Bar Cellars (NSW bottle shop of 2007) and saw the range of beer FFS... stuff we just can't get here like White Rabbit, Coopers Celebration.

Then I finally broke down and just sobbed my heart out.
Shop guy squeezed my shoulder and said "I know, mate, I know"

sheaf_stout.jpg

Edit: just read in the Manning Valley Times that we're getting a Dan's at Taree :kooi: :kooi:

Came across a soft drink I've never heard before when I was catching one of the lifts at work and saw a pallet delivered for the catering company.

250px-Orangina_Naturally_Juicy_Amber_the_Doe-Print_Ad.jpg

orangina-330ml.jpg

Figure the marketing is not naive but just makes me think of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^At first I thought, 'Engrish', But then I wondered, why would anybody think sexualized deer and a name seemingly composed of orangutan and vagina sell a product?
Then I discovered it's produced in Algeria, which dose actually contain a province called Oran.
Fascinating..

^^At first I thought, 'Engrish', But then I wondered, why would anybody think sexualized deer and a name seemingly composed of orangutan and vagina sell a product?
Then I discovered it's produced in Algeria, which dose actually contain a province called Oran.
Fascinating..

Maybe some girl called Gina works in the drink factory at Oran???

'Tis good to peel the boots off at the end of a shift and relax with a toucan stout.

I'm about to give current work the toss and move on. It is so hard to stay motivated to try harder.

I'm about to give current work the toss and move on. It is so hard to stay motivated to try harder.
Part of me is so jealous... 12 years of being a political football, low rates of pay etc makes me look over the fence.
However mortgage, 1.5 kids etc makes leaps into the dark a little scary
Best of luck to you

TasChris

That awkward moment when you're watching funny cat videos on youtube and your cat freaks out because she thinks there are other cats in the house.

Part of me is so jealous... 12 years of being a political football, low rates of pay etc makes me look over the fence.
However mortgage, 1.5 kids etc makes leaps into the dark a little scary
Best of luck to you

TasChris

Lucky I have better to go to. But the thought of chucking it in, selling up and packing it into a backpack for a few years had been in my head pretty strongly. Thanks for the good wishes.

My super nice boss got used up as a political football and got made a scapegoat for some scumbag lowlife piece of shit. 3 kids and they didn't give a crap before putting him out on his ass. Makes you think nothing lasts.

Just had a total carreer change after 18 years in the one organization, to job hunting and now working as a trainer instead of running a team in the construction industry. First week at work was a bit nerve racking, but it's getting easier.

I may evem have a knack for this :icon_cheers:

And i do like not getting dirty :icon_chickcheers:

Staying away from home all week and living in pubs is the hardest. This one has Tooheys Old as the closest thing to a decent draught beer. I miss my taps, but at least it's friday and i'll be home this arvo :icon_drunk:

Just had a total carreer change after 18 years in the one organization, to job hunting and now working as a trainer instead of running a team in the construction industry. First week at work was a bit nerve racking, but it's getting easier.

I may evem have a knack for this :icon_cheers:

And i do like not getting dirty :icon_chickcheers:

Staying away from home all week and living in pubs is the hardest. This one has Tooheys Old as the closest thing to a decent draught beer. I miss my taps, but at least it's friday and i'll be home this arvo :icon_drunk:
I still put tooheys old in my top 5 fave beers of all time. When you're stuck in megaswill land, it's usually there to save you.

All the best with the career change, Punkin.

Dammit.
Went to the LHBS a few months back.
Bought 1kg spec grain.
Haven't brewed all winter, despite plans.
Measured up grain tonight. Came face to face with an unlabelled bag of spec malt.
I know I should've marked it when I got home, but please LHBS owners, for me, please buy a sharpie pen'.
Will take it along to the next Hills brewers night for a guessing challenge.

Dammit.
Went to the LHBS a few months back.
Bought 1kg spec grain.
Haven't brewed all winter, despite plans.
Measured up grain tonight. Came face to face with an unlabelled bag of spec malt.
I know I should've marked it when I got home, but please LHBS owners, for me, please buy a sharpie pen'.
Will take it along to the next Hills brewers night for a guessing challenge.

It's Joe White medium crystal.

50 ways to open a beer bottle

Also another use for Polenta:

Handy hint 10 - getting rid of ants

It may sound cruel, but if you have an ant problem, desperate times call for desperate measures. Put small piles of polenta where you see ants and they'll gobble it up, return 'home' and won't be able to digest it. Your ant problem (and the ants) will soon be dead.

oh dear, bad Karma methinks :(

Cold crashed 20 litres, bottled 40 litres, and fermented 60 litres.
I'm tired.

Cold crashed 20 litres, bottled 40 litres, and fermented 60 litres.
I'm tired.
On a weekday. Respect. Visited sick dog at the vet, tilled 40 of square meters of garden. That'll do.

Back