No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid girl drives daily for months along a melbourne toll road without bothering to get an etag, thinking the fines will be easier to pay.
Builds up about $30k in fines. Finds out how much she's gonna get stung for, so continues to drive on the road for another month as she wishes for it to be forgotten about.
Calls up Today Tonight to sell her story and ask for someone to bail her out saying "I'm taking responsibility for my actions".

No you're not, you're asking for a handout.

Mmmm....

So tell me, when this lass spoke, did she rely heavily on the word 'like' as used in the adverb context?

Mmmm....

So tell me, when this lass spoke, did she rely heavily on the word 'like' as used in the adverb context?
Nope, just another immature "adult" who thinks society owes them something.

Nacho's for dinner, I likes me nacho's

How to light a bbq the proper way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the 10k Bridge to Brisbane this morning.
Had a good laugh at the vegans on the side of the road trying to convert people to their way of thinking.

Gotta clean out the brewery again tomorrow night. I can barely open the fridge door 20deg, so it's a sign I'd better do something.

Did the 10k Bridge to Brisbane this morning.
Had a good laugh at the vegans on the side of the road trying to convert people to their way of thinking.

The key point is 'vegans on the side of the road'.
Their lack of B12 and amino acid's excludes them from anything more exerting than packing a bong and twisting their grubby hair into dreadlocks.
If the vegan's I met at Nimbin were anything to go by, desertion of basic hygiene also features highly as part of the lifestyle.

Actually now you mention it they all were leaning on trees and stuff with their eyes closed.
Next year I'll get a team together and get sponsored by a steak restaurant.

Hmm, wife's decided she wants an ipod nano. Too bad shops don't stock many ipod competitors. Just their big, bight Apple displays.
They are out there, but mostly online, and I do like to try before I buy.
[sigh]

Hmm, wife's decided she wants an ipod nano. Too bad shops don't stock many ipod competitors. Just their big, bight Apple displays.
They are out there, but mostly online, and I do like to try before I buy.
[sigh]

Much as I hate to say it - don't buy a fauxpod. I've had several and they are all, without fail, absolute crap. My old ipod nano (gen2) has lasted years and the UI is just so simple to use. The fauxpods I have had were so poor by comparison I wish i hadn't wasted the time and money on them and just bought the real one sooner.

I don't use it any more since I got my shiny new phone (no... not an iphone...an HTC) but the old Ipod is still going strong. Unless a new smartphone with built in player is a option, go the ipod.

Cheers
Dave

Much as I hate to say it - don't buy a fauxpod. I've had several and they are all, without fail, absolute crap. My old ipod nano (gen2) has lasted years and the UI is just so simple to use. The fauxpods I have had were so poor by comparison I wish i hadn't wasted the time and money on them and just bought the real one sooner.

I don't use it any more since I got my shiny new phone (no... not an iphone...an HTC) but the old Ipod is still going strong. Unless a new smartphone with built in player is a option, go the ipod.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers Airgeard
Got an old toshiba 30gb mp3'er. It's pushing onto 5 yrs old and is a great unit. Recently replaced the battery so now it's got a new lease of life... and now I'm considering upgrading the hdd.
I gotta say although I'm anti-apple (no reason other than i hate itunes and the establishment) the nano looks pretty amazing.... and it comes in pink keeping SWMBO happy (shaking my head here).

She just wants it for walking & on the train, and the size is perfect. (but a lot of the competitors (zen,iriver,sansa) have upgradable memory - but rarely come in pink!

I gotta say although I'm anti-apple (no reason other than i hate itunes and the establishment) the nano looks pretty amazing.... and it comes in pink keeping SWMBO happy (shaking my head here).

She just wants it for walking & on the train, and the size is perfect. (but a lot of the competitors (zen,iriver,sansa) have upgradable memory - but rarely come in pink!

No need to use itunes. Winamp supports ipod as do a bunch of other apps. I never used itunes with mine. I know where you're coming from though... you don't want to become one of those apple fanboys.

Cheers
Dave

I won't even start with JB - you got 3 nose rings? F##k that cv, you're hired!!! -

Potential company staff mottos/policies?:

"Tats on our tits"
"Tattoo's to cover >50% of exposed skin. If ratio not met, expose more tats."
"Make up is not just for girls."
"Goths 'R' us"
"Fashion sense optional."
"Look busy and ignore customers."
"Sour and surly, or sullen persons preferred."
"Don't cut yourself, cut your clothes."
"Multiple piercings mandatory; multiple personalities optional".
"Hair that is not coloured is not cool. Mulit-coloured prefered."

Potential company staff mottos/policies?:

"Tats on our tits"
"Tattoo's to cover >50% of exposed skin. If ratio not met, expose more tats."
"Make up is not just for girls."
"Goths 'R' us"
"Fashion sense optional."
"Look busy and ignore customers."
"Sour and surly, or sullen persons preferred."
"Don't cut yourself, cut your clothes."
"Multiple piercings mandatory; multiple personalities optional".
"Hair that is not coloured is not cool. Mulit-coloured prefered."
deleted my post before - I guess I shouldn't make fun of the tattoed amongst us. They don't all work at JB hifi, do they?

deleted my post before - I guess I shouldn't make fun of the tattoed amongst us. They don't all work at JB hifi, do they?

Nope, some of us work at even more evil places............Like me :p

I always enjoy seeing patrons from work when I'm in street clothes, the sleeve of ink tends to throw them off a bit. It really mustn't go with my usual workplace suit. That is one reason I am jealous of my wife's job, she can have whatever mods she wants shown, provided they don't interfere with her job. Bloody nurses :p

Yeah I noticed it was gone by the time I posted. I didn't yank mine becuase I was having too much fun with it. I guessed it was because of the tats thing. I am not knocking tats either, members here seem to have some excellent ones, I am just poking shit at the overall package that seems to be the workers at JB.

I think the surly attitude is the most important thing to work at JB............

Quote from one of the surly, pierced girls serving me at JB yesterday, "It always creeps me out when that weird guys speaks" her workmate, equally dour and gothic, responded "who is it?". I turned around to see Darth Vader* on all of the display TV screens. :blink:

Cheers SJ

*Relatively minor character from a mildly successful movie franchise

Back