No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2242132459_cfde3e7a6c_o.jpg

Yeah you're right, I should be ashamed for telling a story like that, without pictures. I don't have any, sorry.
I thought your avatar was one of your shaved pills with glasses?

Ever been Yabbying with a shovel?

Sorry guys I might have to be serious for a moment and maybe even a little bit interesting?

It is worth noting that the legal possession limit of blueclaw crayfish in Queensland is 100 per person at any one time, it is not a daily limit.

That email has circulated around and around.

I was at that causeway 4 weeks ago and will be back there next week. They are not amassing in such numbers anymore as the water has stopped flowing. Apparently mass migrations like this occurr every seven years or so with smaller migrations occurring sporadicaly when seasons are good. The last couple of seasons have been very good throughout the entire region and the blueclaw have become overpopulated and thus the mass migration down the Cooper Creek catchment, they were highly visible here because of the causeway.

All of the following images were taken by me at the same waterhole as the yabby pictures were taken.

Queensland DEEDI Fisheries research officers were at that same waterhole four weeks ago doing a sampling run through the region to determine the abundance of populations of wild goldfish. Though very closely related to carp, they are not 'carp' as such and are not as significant an environmental pest species.

They were also tagging and releasing yellowbelly(Qld)/callop (SA)/Golden Perch - different names for the same fish:

Despite the presence of the wild goldfish pest species, there were still Cooper Creek catfish (endemic to the lower Cooper Creek) being caught in the sampling nets. Not an attractive character are they:

Where there is an abundance of life in the water, this attracts an abundance of life above the water:

Ok now back to being a tool:

Hey anyone for an ear job?
With big ears and teeth like that she looks like a rabbit. I like rabbits. Ear job is not immediately what I'd think of, but her ears would be good to hang onto...

I thought your avatar was one of your shaved pills with glasses?
Very astute of you but you can see a bit of regrowth stubble in the image.

Hmmm braumiester Siborg where is the beer . You are the Baron and yet you suckered us all in thinking that you were a lowly AHBer . Ten paces weapon of choice Braumiester or HERMS . :p

Cheers
Leachim

Just watched S04E01 of Sons of Anarchy.
It's going to be a good season...

Awesome show that, lucky I stuck with it after a slow start from season 1

Yeah, I would have given up after the forst episode or two, but the day I started watching it I was off sick from work, couch ridden. So I just lay there all day and watched 90% of the first season. Glad I did, I'm hooked on it now.
Same a The Walking dead, can't wait for season 2 to start, not long...

I'm awaiting season 2 of Walking Dead..........And also Falling Skies......

Still rather annoyed they have killed Eureka.....Only 1 and a bit seasons left.

Just watched S04E01 of Sons of Anarchy.
It's going to be a good season...

Yeah, I would have given up after the forst episode or two, but the day I started watching it I was off sick from work, couch ridden. So I just lay there all day and watched 90% of the first season. Glad I did, I'm hooked on it now.
Same a The Walking dead, can't wait for season 2 to start, not long...

I'm awaiting season 2 of Walking Dead..........And also Falling Skies......

Still rather annoyed they have killed Eureka.....Only 1 and a bit seasons left.

Torrented.. thanks

Why the f##k did I watch today tonight last night? I'm still angry this morning.

Why the f##k did I watch today tonight last night? I'm still angry this morning.

What were they up to?

Following someone briskly down the street whilst they ignored the reporter and hid their identity behind a manila folder?
Going for the old 'foot in the door technique and saying 'why wont you tell us where the money's gone Mr/Ms so and so?'
Exposing some welfare cheating, bottom feeders wrecking public housing?
Showing us 'your tax dollars at work'?
Playing sinister music behind some slow mo footage of a suspected pedophile / politician / scam artist?
Spruking the latest in diet pills / fads?
Washed up celebs endorsing magnets that cure arthritis?
The obligatory 'battlers' who got a duded by telstra?

What were they up to?

Following someone briskly down the street whilst they ignored the reporter and hid their identity behind a manila folder?
Going for the old 'foot in the door technique and saying 'why wont you tell us where the money's gone Mr/Ms so and so?'
Exposing some welfare cheating, bottom feeders wrecking public housing?
Showing us 'your tax dollars at work'?
Playing sinister music behind some slow mo footage of a suspected pedophile / politician / scam artist?
Spruking the latest in diet pills / fads?
Washed up celebs endorsing magnets that cure arthritis?
The obligatory 'battlers' who got a duded by telstra?

Stupid girl drives daily for months along a melbourne toll road without bothering to get an etag, thinking the fines will be easier to pay.
Builds up about $30k in fines. Finds out how much she's gonna get stung for, so continues to drive on the road for another month as she wishes for it to be forgotten about.
Calls up Today Tonight to sell her story and ask for someone to bail her out saying "I'm taking responsibility for my actions".

No you're not, you're asking for a handout.

Back