No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when you think you have seen it all...

Powerband - Link

I have a running theory that >80% of people lack the intelligence to scratch themselves. Every time i see something like this that number increases.

It makes homeopathy sound almost plausible.

If it wasn't for this blasted conscience i could make a fortune selling thin air to morons.

*sigh*

well ive just received my travelling orders for my work course....ive been billeted out to brisvegas. So Uncle Chappy, Ross, etc im coming up so say Hi (and see if your brewing is all its cracked up to be!

Just when you think you have seen it all...

Powerband - Link

I have a running theory that >80% of people lack the intelligence to scratch themselves. Every time i see something like this that number increases.

It makes homeopathy sound almost plausible.

If it wasn't for this blasted conscience i could make a fortune selling thin air to morons.

*sigh*

Mate of mine has been wearing one of these stupid looking things for around a year. I finally asked what it was for a month or so ago. He's a mad keen cyclist - rides up Mount Dandenong at some obscene hour of the day every weekend. He tells me it is good for his balance. I make the face with the one raised eyebrow. And this sets him off - he's telling me how the thing is supposed to work and blah blah blah and the look does not leave my face. Then he tells me to stand up...He took it off put both arms out stiff (crucifixion style) and told me to push down as hard as I could on one arm and he basically tipped over. Then he put it back on and had me repeat it - this time he hardly moved. If possible my eyebrow went even higher. Then he tells me to put my arms out. He pushes down on my arm and I tipped much the same as he did. He gives me the band thing and don't ask me why but I hardly moved on the second one. It is obviously some mental thing rather than an actual physical thing but it does work (whether you want it to or not, it seems). Seems like it would only really do anything in this party trick scenario he put me through but it does do something.

He didn't tell me he paid $60 for it though. lol

He does also admit he thinks it would do the same thing with a rubber band or similar.

He does also admit he thinks it would do the same thing with a rubber band or similar.

Tell him to put the arm band on and on that same arm stand sideways against the wall and push hard trying to force your arm up for 40 seconds. Then, stand away from the wall, relax and enjoy the 'resistive magnetisim' he has created in his body and watch his arm go up. :rolleyes:

He could also bite down hard on his pinkie fingernails for 20 seconds and then interlock them and feel the electric shock. :lol:

Thin air or thick books. Its all good..

TheSecretCD.jpg

Ahhh, placebo effect...

Dr S, what you describe is my job, some idiots will buy anything.

Tell him to put the arm band on and on that same arm stand sideways against the wall and push hard trying to force your arm up for 40 seconds. Then, stand away from the wall, relax and enjoy the 'resistive magnetisim' he has created in his body and watch his arm go up. :rolleyes:

He could also bite down hard on his pinkie fingernails for 20 seconds and then interlock them and feel the electric shock. :lol:

Did anyone else just remember turning rocks into magnets? Just me?

and with Carl Williams having been murdered, we realise what the storyline of Underbelly 10 will be

Spoken by Andrew Rule (Underbelly co-author) before any details of the incident are known: "On the question of who killed Williams and how they got the chance, Rule said there is ‘‘a constant threat of opportunism that runs through the minds of violent men in jail’’.

The opportunists are all in gaol (*ahem*, The Age!) are they?

Going back to the powedband thing. My old man is wearing one and has been for a couple of months. I have to say whilst i think that it is mostly wank and bullshit it does seem to be working for him. How it works who knows perhaps it is all placebo but hey if its working for people with them and its doing no one any harm (other than costing about $50) then i dont have an issue with them.
Noteably one of our admin girls suffers with vertigo pretty bad and shes started wearing one. Will be interesting to see how many days off she has due to vertigo over then next 6 months or so (she tends to have an average of 2 days off every couple of months with vertigo - shes colapsed at work twice!)

Noteably one of our admin girls suffers with vertigo pretty bad and shes started wearing one. Will be interesting to see how many days off she has due to vertigo over then next 6 months or so (she tends to have an average of 2 days off every couple of months with vertigo - shes colapsed at work twice!)
i suffer from vertigo. always seem to get bouts of it after late nights with the boys or lonely nights with the kegerator. :icon_drunk:

i suffer from vertigo. always seem to get bouts of it after late nights with the boys or lonely nights with the kegerator. :icon_drunk:
Maybe Ross should stock these, I mean if it allows us to get another few pints in before we fall down drunk, I can see it being a worthwhile addition to the brewery.

Stop making love to your pants and find a woman.

I'm sure there's no shortage of people wanting to get into them.

Not.

[/Wayne's World]

Maybe Ross should stock these, I mean if it allows us to get another few pints in before we fall down drunk, I can see it being a worthwhile addition to the brewery.
Got an idea, Get Ross to order ones that fit around a fermenter. I reckon our infections will drop right off. It could be the biggest bulk buy since,,,, since EVER!

Got an idea, Get Ross to order ones that fit around a fermenter. I reckon our infections will drop right off. It could be the biggest bulk buy since,,,, since EVER!
Shhh, it would be a bulk Community buy, but yeah, that's outside the box thinking

this article reeks of an AHB case swap day or brew day
(for those who cant see the article - man-banned-for-drunk-driving-in-toy-barbie-car)

Latest posts

Back