No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, hopefully I'll be back in full swing soon!

Try wearing underpants.

Sadly, I have to wear underpants all the time in this boiling hot weather. Got new board shorts for Xmas, stipulated they must be knee length.
But the head of my dick still managed to peep out from the leg, causing gasps of wonderment :blink:
Not happy.

stagga.

Peking duck is called beijing duck in china...

100% correct

But It was originally called Peking Duck as Peking is what is now known as Beijing. :)

Also Peking duck is slow roasted or to be authentic smoked over 24hrs IIRC. Marinade in Cha Su sauce, the stuff that the hung BBQ pork is done it, it's great on this dish. Serve with Mandarin pancakes, and green onions for brushing on the hoisin sauce.Make it for Christmas every year with out fail. Mum makes the pancakes they are awesome.

Mmmmmm duck!

100% correct

But It was originally called Peking Duck as Peking is what is now known as Beijing. :)

Also Peking duck is slow roasted or to be authentic smoked over 24hrs IIRC. Marinade in Cha Su sauce, the stuff that the hung BBQ pork is done it, it's great on this dish. Serve with Mandarin pancakes, and green onions for brushing on the hoisin sauce.Make it for Christmas every year with out fail. Mum makes the pancakes they are awesome.

Mmmmmm duck!

I'm sure I saw somewhere that the way to get good crispy skin on a duck is to open up a hole between the flesh and the skin, apply the lips and literally blow the skin off the duck. Separating it from the flesh apparently makes it crispier. Duck cooks in china must have incredible lungs. And terrible breath...

Poach the duck in chicken or duck stock for an hour or so before slow roasting.

This goes for any duck - release the grease that many people offer as a reason for not liking duck.

2520.jpg

In London when I first tried them, they called them crispy duck pancakes.
Makes sense.

I still feel like one.

You tried a fat woman with a back-bum? Skin doesn't look too crispy though.

Bloody hell bum, whered you find that pic. Grooooooosssssss

I just came to answer this question because I didn't mean to ignore it in chat (sorry). Seems it has been ably answered already.

Thank you Google auto-complete, for asking the questions we were all thinking...

129070777812343820.jpg

:blink:

Explanations not welcome.

Edit: wrong word.

This old French lass playing Molik is serving worse than Kournikova.

Care factor is so bad today that I couldn't even bother cooking my 2min noodles.

edit: now there's short and curlies all over my desk.

Back