No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizier said:
I am going to make a seemingly practical youtube video with a painful, gratuitously long intro to schmaltzy instrumental pieces I got from creative commons somewhere, perhaps with a montage of some kind to serve as a prologue to guard against the instance that it might be watched by a person of zero capacity to bridge a gap of any distance.
Finaly.

The film adaptation of 'Move to all grain for thirty bucks'.

bum said:
Your complete lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze. You know those italics you had to go out of your way to use stress a clear message, yeah? It means something more than the same string of words on it's own, right?

Wasting my breath. You're thick as. You routinely don't even understand the things you say, let alone anyone else.

So because i used italics means that your interpretation of the sentence is the absolute one (no matter how farfetched and obscure) and the actual point i was making was unknown to me?

I'm glad you're giving up on twisting my words and retorting to whatever you want to read into them. It's fuking annoying.

I thought i was saying 'If you are in a Union they will help you. If you are not in a Union, they will not help you."

But my lack of self awareness according to the law of Anus means that i was actually saying "If you are not in a Union then it's your fault what others do to you".

bum said:
Because, you know, it'll then be all your own fault if you aren't.
I spent years and years helping hundreds of people through their industrial, workplace, health and personal problems for nothing other than the satisfaction and the occasional thanks because i could help .

You seem to get a lot of satisfaction out of belittling others and making yourself look superior through the use of language and smugness. Not just me but plenty of others. You get told the same thing all the time, but it's always the other person isn't it.
Funny that.

You target those you think are weaker than you and stalk and bully them. I'm not bending over for you, Bully.

For sale

Kittens. White in colour. Suitable for use in airlocks.

Leave phone number at front counter.

I played cricket today. I runs around for lots of overs chasing a little red ball. Afterwards i hads me a megaswill beer that tasted alright.
Then i went home and cracked the neck of a bottle of Brentices Bodacious bongo ale and i realised that the beer at cricket didn't taste all that flash after all

This is a true story

bum said:
Your complete lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze. You know those italics you had to go out of your way to use stress a clear message, yeah? It means something more than the same string of words on it's own, right?

Wasting my breath. You're thick as. You routinely don't even understand the things you say, let alone anyone else.
Language is about context and intention as much as it's about formality. Whatever your issues with punkin may be from other threads, it's evident to me that his intention in this instance was to be helpful.
Sometimes you've got to let the petty shit go don't you? Some things matter, some things don't.

manticle said:
it's evident to me that his intention in this instance was to be helpful.
There is a clear meaning in his deliberate use of italics and it would be overly simplistic to pretend it isn't there.

As you suggest, context is everything - the context is "if you're not in the union then get cunted".

I doubt that was his intention. In any case, I think you're being petty. I've been wrong before.

I've been trying to make less use in a pejorative way of the word ****. I am failing miserably.

The cupboard we keep the wooden bowls we generally serve our chips in also contains a bag of some crazy Chinese tea the wife insisted on bringing back from China but never actually drinks.

Anyway, the bowls (and now the chips) smell like the tea and my Saturday night is RUINED.

bum said:
The cupboard we keep the wooden bowls we generally serve our chips in also contains a bag of some crazy Chinese tea the wife insisted on bringing back from China but never actually drinks.

Anyway, the bowls (and now the chips) smell like the tea and my Saturday night is RUINED.
I noticed a distinct lack of italics

Ducatiboy stu said:
I noticed a distinct lack of italics
But the punctuation is to be applauded.

I can't help but feel as though that first sentence could use significant work.

Correct comma placement and sentence structure gives me heartburn.

Back