No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out I ******* HATE Oracle Database 11g.

Call me weird.

But seriously - how can people cope with life if they can't manage a frigging train trip? All these arseholes all over my (former) FB just crying because someone had the nerve to be wearing a backpack or some homeless prick doesn't tub enough.

I don't have any of those arseholes on mine. It could be because public transport is utter shit here and not many people use it. If they do, they're just thankful that it's moving & the urine-backpack wearing guy is a low priority.

Would I drive my own car out of the place?

bum said:
But seriously - how can people cope with life if they can't manage a frigging train trip? All these arseholes all over my (former) FB just crying because someone had the nerve to be wearing a backpack or some homeless prick doesn't tub enough.
Well in my defence I spend on average 40 hours a weeks dealing with some of societies biggest oxygen thieves so by Friday afternoon my tolerance is pretty much exhausted. Hence why I sit on the quiet carriage. I couldn't give a toss what you do on the other carriages, but a bit of common courtesy wouldn't hurt.

And Facebook is only for trolling other people isn't it? People don't take shit seriously do they?

You don't have any women on yours?

My god. Who let them on the internet?

The main reason I'm on Facebook is to listen to the whinging of people who I don't really like. Awesome example recently when the early twenties wife of some dick who I don't like but used to be forced to associate with some times had a whinge about not getting her chips when going through the drive through or some shit. All her dumbass friends chipped in, commenting how standards have really slipped since when they worked there.

That is comedy gold.

Anyway, first day running the tasting room at the brewery by myself and I run into my first AHBer, who was roughly from my old neck of the woods (give or take a couple of hundred k's) to boot. Went well......I look forward to some scathing critique of the beers I brew (but who's recipe I don't create) on these pages soon.

I've also decided that being upfront with fellow beer nerds and saying "Look, I don't really like this beer" is the way to go after getting another AG brewer in later in the day.

Funny what the kids are getting up nowadays.
I assumed this whole Tor browser - bitcoin - Silkroad thing to be somewhat of an urban myth.
Well, unless I'm the victim of a rather elaborate and utterly pointless ruse, it would seem all manner of illicit substances can be ordered online and delivered to a post office box.
Just when you thought you were to old and jaded to be surprised by shit eh?

Not sure if this was the kind of thing Vint Cerf envisioned..

Dave70 said:
Funny what the kids are getting up nowadays.
I assumed this whole Tor browser - bitcoin - Silkroad thing to be somewhat of an urban myth.
Well, unless I'm the victim of a rather elaborate and utterly pointless ruse, it would seem all manner of illicit substances can be ordered online and delivered to a post office box.
Just when you thought you were to old and jaded to be surprised by shit eh?

Not sure if this was the kind of thing Vint Cerf envisioned..
What did you get??

Bloody IT have installed some new security system at work and now I am having problems opening alcohol related sites.

AHB is OK for some reason but MrMalty and Wyeast are banned.
I complained to IT manager about consultation and stakeholder engagement to no avail.

Nerds

Cheers
Chris

TasChris said:
What did you get??
If what I hear about silk road is true, an overpriced bag of oregano or some very expensive baking powder.

TasChris said:
I complained to IT manager about consultation and stakeholder engagement to no avail.

Nerds

Cheers
Chris

You actually expected them to listen to you.....more fool you...

Ducatiboy stu said:
You actually expected them to listen to you.....more fool you...
I know I know.
Every year they send around a performance survey that asks irrelevant questions such as

"Rate our performance on rolling out Groupwise update? (not on Groupwise software or the associated issues)"

"Was the help desk courteous when assisting your calls?"...Yes very courteous but ******* ineffective... was not an answer you could choose

the survey also defaulted to 7.5/10 if you didn't answer the question or put in a score

Bloody IT

Watched Total Recall last night and it occurred to me...........................

johnny cab 1.jpgjohnny cab 2.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
They made a TV show about it.......wonderfully acruate
Was it Korg 70,000 BC

These guys look like IT team to me, especially when he is drowning

Bloody IT

Last edited by a moderator:
TasChris said:
What did you get??
Personally, nothing. I just observed the process. But can get anything. Mean old doctor wont give you a script repeat for that Oxy? Never mind..

Airgead said:
If what I hear about silk road is true, an overpriced bag of oregano or some very expensive baking powder.
Whilst rip-offs would abound, 'vendors' operate under a feedback system much the same as e bay. There's always business people and con men, no matter what the product.
What I found disturbing was the apparent ease with which the whole process happens, and then the swiftness in turnaround from the order placement. Truly a piece of cake for a internet savvy teen, or anybody for that matter. I find it amazing that such a loophole can exist.

What you've heard about silk road is exactly what I expected, but twas no baking powder I can assure you. A little ******* scary really.

Back