No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iamnotgoodwithcomputer.jpeg

Six months.

SIX MONTHS!

Going to be mighty upset if the first test is finished before I get to watch it whilst brewing tomorrow night. There is a reason why I have now set the brew rig up in the beer room.

My DT 770 PROs just fell apart. Had them since the 90s.

Gutted.

bradsbrew said:
Going to be mighty upset if the first test is finished before I get to watch it whilst brewing tomorrow night. There is a reason why I have now set the brew rig up in the beer room.
You might need to keep the tissues handy :(

bradsbrew said:
Surely you could McGyver them?
I'm gonna have a crack tomorrow but it the problem is where the swivel joins the ear piece to the headband so go-fast tape is out of the question and araldite could go south fairly easily.

When all else fails Rapid Fix that sucker. No affiliation. On the right plastic it sticks like the proverbial.

The piece to fix is a bit too small for that but that's so decent bit of MacGyvering there. Cheers.

As long as I can get glue ONLY on the part that needs fixing I will be fine. That's why I'm doing it tomorrow instead of now...

Camo6 said:
When all else fails Rapid Fix that sucker. No affiliation. On the right plastic it sticks like the proverbial.
Step 3 in the instructions there would be a real problem given it's a small moving part but I'll keep that gear in mind for bigger stuff I'll break (possibly later tonight).

What about something like sugru? Its a silicone putty that you can use to make or repair just about anything (www.sugru.com). I have used it to repair saucepan handles, power tool triggers....

Might work on your whatever they ares.

Cheers
Dave

I've had success with Loctite adhesive and fiddly repairs. Protip, use a toothpick to apply with precision.

Hubble determines colour of distant planet for first time

space, man.

If seen up close this planet, known as HD 189733b, would be a deep cobalt blue, reminiscent of Earth's colour as seen from space.

But that's where the similarities end. This "deep blue dot" is a huge gas giant orbiting very close to its host star. The planet's atmosphere is scorching with a temperature of over 1000C and it rains glass, sideways, in howling 7000km/h winds.
So I guess a manned mission is off the cards. That, and it's 596,000,000,000,000km away.

Yeah... dressing for the outdoors would be challenging. I'm not sure my windbreaker jacket would quite cut it.

Bloody hell did not realise Pro cycling paid so much. Just watching Robbie Mckewen on Better Homes and Gardens with the mega Pad and Lamborgini.

Was gonna continue joking.. BUT:

Sincerely hope you get some recognition mate, your work is amazing.

Maybe try and get your own name on the door?

manticle said:
Tickets for the opening of the exhibition I'm in are $145 each.
Is that just for the opening? And does the admission price drop for general entry after that. Genuine question. I am obviously showing my ignorance of the arts here but that seems a bit steep for a general admission. Hard to get your work seen, but then again you want people with money viewing your work as well.

Best of luck, your work is deserving of being seen. I for one have spent quite a while viewing your detail.

Cheers

Back