No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After working for the Dept of Transport for two years, I've learnt that Hell hath no fury like a stupid bogan whose driving record might prevent him from gettin' a job at the mines.

"But I really NEEEEED my licence back **** ya, I gotta job lined up down the mines!"

******* dregs.

Some people refuse to take responsibility for their actions, you do realise Clutch that you are now burdened with the resposibility of said dregs no longer being able to get a job down the mines, at least in his mind. Truly pathetic some of these people are.

He should have been riding his fixie.

I assume it was getting repaired after he caught the bottom part of his trousers in it. Who wears a suit with shorts?

Any hipster worth his salt would employ a leather trouser strap (preferable a vintage one):

brookstrouserstrap.jpg

Any hipster worth his salt would be vegan.

My ex dropped kids of on the weekend...complete with skiny leg jeans, skivy and coloured sand shoes.....

I am doing my best to change them......I really am...

Is it a battle I can win...

Yes but it will involve you dressing the same.

Sitting here, trying to adjust my eyes to new led downlights.
I'm gonna hear nothing but complaints when SWMBO gets home.

petesbrew said:
Sitting here, trying to adjust my eyes to new led downlights.
I'm gonna hear nothing but complaints when SWMBO gets home.
Too bright or too dark?

What sort did you put in? I found the Brightgreen DR700's were as bright as a 50W downlight, but bloody expensive.

got some from bunnings.
Mirabella 5w = 30w bulbs. 4 for $36.
They're pretty bright, about the same as the old ones, but seem to have less of a beam angle than the old ones... a lot more focussed.
We'll see what happens tonight.
Got some up in my son's room, and they're a tiny bit dimmer, but okay.
See what the boss thinks.

Ah OK. The Brightgreen ones are abut $50 ea, They are plug and play for 12v systems meaning you don't need to upgrade the transformer etc. They work really well but price is a killer. Mind you, compared to cost of power for halogens they do have a payback.

I've always found Mirabella globes don't last so I hope you have better luck than me.

Speaking as a bloke who's installed a lot of shithouse led downlights and some good ones....I reckon the bright greens are the go. Basically because of their warranty. I forget the actual number but they're willing to put their sack on the line for a couple of years.....where others just claim good for x amount of hours.

Petesbrew, she will notice, I can almost guarantee you that. If not then don't ever mention it.

I have experimented with quite a few very cheap ones directly from china, but wasn't happy with any of those. Narrow angle and 'cold' light were the main complains.

Will look into those bright greens, but if it takes 3 years to pay them off then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.
And yes, mostly had trouble with Mirabella downlights.

AndrewQLD said:
Some people refuse to take responsibility for their actions, you do realise Clutch that you are now burdened with the resposibility of said dregs no longer being able to get a job down the mines, at least in his mind. Truly pathetic some of these people are.
You're spot on mate. There's no sense of responsibility anymore, and its not even restricted to Gen Y and Millennials.

Latest posts

Back