No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tavas said:
Nick's gone. He has no one to argue with. All the rest of us are amateurs compared to those two.
I have tried to step into the gap by picking fights when I now I shouldn't.
I blame Bum and Nick

Clearly, you're not yet wearing a bigw pot to protest rallies.

practicalfool said:
Clearly, you're not yet wearing a bigw pot to protest rallies.
No I am a 3V sort of guy which is a bit unwieldy to wear except to Ned Kelly themed events

bradsbrew said:
His drawings are quite good as well. :huh:
Too bloody right, I hope to get down to the Museum to see them 'in the flesh'

Had a polite whinge to the sunglass company "Liive" (those "cheap" ones you get from a surf shop).
Lady said to send them in and they'll replace them... still waiting. Was worth a shot.
Glad it's been overcast lately.

Florian said:
Petesbrew, she will notice, I can almost guarantee you that. If not then don't ever mention it.

I have experimented with quite a few very cheap ones directly from china, but wasn't happy with any of those. Narrow angle and 'cold' light were the main complains.

Will look into those bright greens, but if it takes 3 years to pay them off then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.
And yes, mostly had trouble with Mirabella downlights.
Had a problem with intermittent tv reception the past week. 2,7,9 and a few other channels dropped out for an hour or so every evening. Not the same time but similar. After a while it would just start up again like nothing had happened.
Spent a few days scratching my head, thinking of causes, googling causes (and reading halfwit's responses).
Finally clicked this morning - the new LED lights.
The 12v ones in my son's bedroom upstairs are messing with the reception (or the transformer, but they were existing electronic ones.)
The 240v ones downstairs are fine.

Glad I sorted it out before wasting money on an antenna man.

I lost Channel 7 when I put in LED's. I tried ferrite cores on the fly lead but made little difference. Turns out a couple of of the Brightgreens had failed inductors. A mate at work has some intermittent issues with Channel 7 when he puts his upstairs lights on. They are not Brightgreens but I don't know what brand.

Used to be a lot easier when you just stuck a 60W incandesent in.

manticle said:
Pretty sure the exhibition itself is free. It's at south australian museum which is free entry from memory. I've seen nothing about entry fees in anything that has been sent to me.
If there is a cost it would be nothing like that. Openings have booze, food, entertainment etc. 145 is just outside my financial ability (two tickets required plus accomodation and flights from melbourne).

Just checked and it's $10 entry, 7 concession.

http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/explore/exhibitions/waterhouse-natural-science-art-prize-2013

Been asked to play acoustic guitar at an in-law's wedding in 2 months time.
Time to rebuild some calluses. Thankfully I've also enlisted another guitarist mate who's much better than me.
No music choice so far apart from "no hard rock".... ;)
I think I can easily sneak a few songs in :super:

So, now that DASFFS has been made officially illegal on AHB...

Latest posts

Back