No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure the exhibition itself is free. It's at south australian museum which is free entry from memory. I've seen nothing about entry fees in anything that has been sent to me.
If there is a cost it would be nothing like that. Openings have booze, food, entertainment etc. 145 is just outside my financial ability (two tickets required plus accomodation and flights from melbourne).

Dude... that's awesome. Your stuff is great and it deserves recognition.

Cheers all for kind words. I'm pleased and proud and slightly annoyed that I might have to miss the opening.
Fwp I guess.

manticle said:
Pretty sure the exhibition itself is free. It's at south australian museum which is free entry from memory. I've seen nothing about entry fees in anything that has been sent to me.
If there is a cost it would be nothing like that. Openings have booze, food, entertainment etc. 145 is just outside my financial ability (two tickets required plus accomodation and flights from melbourne).
Well that makes more sense. I suppose it is good for you to know that your work is on display at an opening that is requesting those sort of dollars.

And hopefully it inspires some collector interest. I realise a skill like that is self satisfying but dang a bit of coin on the side don't hurt no one.

bum said:
The piece to fix is a bit too small for that but that's so decent bit of MacGyvering there. Cheers.As long as I can get glue ONLY on the part that needs fixing I will be fine. That's why I'm doing it tomorrow instead of now...
Haven't seen anything from Bum tonight, maybe his hands are stuck to his headphones and his headphones are stuck to his head? I imagine that would make it pretty hard to type.

bradsbrew said:
Haven't seen anything from Bum tonight, maybe his hands are stuck to his headphones and his headphones are stuck to his head? I imagine that would make it pretty hard to type.
Nick's gone. He has no one to argue with. All the rest of us are amateurs compared to those two.

Sick to death of sunnies breaking. Why can't they make them a bit more pliable (considering the slight bending when you rest them on the top of your head.)

I wear Oakleys and have similar problems. My father has a pair of Maui Jim's that he can tie in a knot, (no exaggeration) and they've held up for years. Not cheap though.

Bolle safety glasses. Durable, cheap, very stylish and not a hipster in sight.

Ok. You're right- I get them for free and I'm a cheap prick.

Bolle safety glasses FTW. Hard to break, cheap to replace, chicks dig tradies.

The price of a pair of sunglasses is indirectly proportional to the amount of time it takes you to break or lose them. Buy a $200 pair of sunnies and they are lost/stolen/broken/scratched badly within the first fortnight. The Bolle safety glasses you pick up from work will be a part of your life for years.

Oh, and seeing as this is the no topic thread I can go off topic, so I'd just like to add that this winter in SE QLD has been really warm. So warm that: a) I have had to mow my lawn this month and will have to again within a fortnight, b )I saw a huge red belly black snake and c) my hops are shooting up already. These three things are unheard of for this time of year around this region.

These glasses look cool in all occasions. I can mow the lawn in safety, whilst looking a million bucks.

Next hipsters will be drinking Dark Mild too.

36300_10201610828056316_2058204221_n.jpg

Heh, I've been using he clear Boole safety's for bike riding for years. Damn hard to break, use them when using tools, whatever, both mine are in the toolbag atm actually! Prolly paid, what about 8-10 bucks each from the retailer direct from uk.

Back