No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the ba-con

IMG_20120926_083241.jpg

Is there a thread to post pictures of our cooking exploits. Fired up the kamado yesterday and smoked some home made bacon. Also threw on a rubbed up lamb roast inserted with some orange zest, rosemary and garlic cloves. Both came out stunning with great taste and smoke penetration.

here t'is

What to do/where to look/how not to look awkward and intrigued when a lady says "Yeah, I'm so anal about that, too".....

:eek:

It's world Vegetarian Day. I love Vegans, they taste like chicken.

Interstate visitors means a chance to go nuts in the kitchen.....tonight, rabbit pie, tomorrow....deep fried chilli quail......Saturday......salt brush flinders island lamb on the BBQ (44 gal drum split in half....hope the shit weather's passed over by then). May have to wrangle some kind of seafood dish too.

I've been giving the goat a hammering lately, so to speak B):lol:

With luck there'll be a halal butcher in Newcastle but I don't hold out too much hope for Taree. Unless I buy a gun of course.

Edit: looks like I'll be in luck.

Bugger it's just round the corner from MHB but it's on a Sunday - talk about first world problems

I've been contemplating if eggs are vegetarian!?

In which sense?

The strict definition allows for the consumption of eggs by lacto-ovo-vegetarians.

Or are you contemplating in the philosophical sense, like you're spending the weekend in a Ryokan?

God that scotch fillet for dinner was delicious... Probably shouldve had the tofu one instead though. The drafty at work (who is a preeeeetty big vegan) would be shaking her head right about now.

I've been giving the goat a hammering lately, so to speak B) :lol:

Goat is quickly taking over the freezer in place of lamb for all the stews I do. Just so much sweeter, tender and inexpensive compared to the (now) overpriced lamb.

3kg of goat offcuts for ~$15?? Bargain.... Delicious, delicious bargain.

In which sense?

The strict definition allows for the consumption of eggs by lacto-ovo-vegetarians.

Or are you contemplating in the philosophical sense, like you're spending the weekend in a Ryokan?

Actually I should stop calling myself a vegetarian, Milk don't eat meat either. Do cheese eat veggies?

A mate of mine, after a trip through India, said that the funeral pyres of Buddhists smelt like a hungry jacks, due to their vegan diet.. and that you could always tell when someone who had been eating meat was being burnt because it smelt like shit.

So maybe they taste more like beef.

The epidemic began simultaneously at many geographic locations and was traced to contamination of meat and bone meal (MBM), a dietary supplement prepared from rendering of slaughterhouse offal.
They were feeding cows hotdogs? How positively evil!

In the Klondike during the gold rush they fed their horses on dried cod during the winter. Apparently they thrived. (throve??)

Latest posts

Back