No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I woke up on the couch last night at 1am, instead I woke up at 1am with my son(2yo) in the bed kicking me in the face. Apparently he couldn't sleep says SWMBO, yeah, inflict it on all of us why don't ya :rolleyes:

^^^ Know that feeling, a few nights ago i was woken up by our 11 month old, who managed to get one finger up each of my nostrils and then pulled.

Not a very nice way to wake up.

Cheers SJ

^^^ I can have sympathy with your fate there boys. My SWMBO has learnt a particularly swift and evil kung-fu move of moving said offending child into our bed with me while she quickly disappears, ninja style, back into offending childs bed therefore negating any responsibility apparently. Funny how I always get greeted with a cheery good morning and a hot cuppa the next morning only to be told I am a grump <_<

I had a fantastic martini last night!

downside, is i realised i have very little gin left (only enough for a small martini)

Cheers SJ

I had a fantastic martini last night!

downside, is i realised i have very little gin left (only enough for a small martini)

Cheers SJ

Watch out boys SJ going all Mi6 on us! Next he'll be tellin' us about his exploits with hot super models. :lol: Yeah your right! What was I thinking? :lol: :lol:

LOL Chappo, my wife has the same ninja move....

And to add insult to injury, once I finally made it into bed the little demon child took only 1 hour to decide to come join us, this involved me copping monster cuddles for the rest of the night, you try sleeping with a 18kg toddler on your head....

Moving the topic along, would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what will occur if I spray an enamel bath with oven cleaner?? Our bath has developed a layer of soap scum that has withstood bleach, domestos, CLR, gumption, and any other cleaning product I can think of using....

LOL, nothing like that, just sprawled on the couch with very nice dry martini. If i really was MI6 i wouldn't be saying anything, but you'd probably be posting about someone swiping Sherman while your back was turned.

BTW, is anyone home right now Chappo?

Cheers 0.05SJ

Moving the topic along, would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what will occur if I spray an enamel bath with oven cleaner?? Our bath has developed a layer of soap scum that has withstood bleach, domestos, CLR, gumption, and any other cleaning product I can think of using....

Can't specificly help, but is there an inconspicous spot you could apply some oven cleaner to and see what happens?

Cheers SJ

LOL Chappo, my wife has the same ninja move....

And to add insult to injury, once I finally made it into bed the little demon child took only 1 hour to decide to come join us, this involved me copping monster cuddles for the rest of the night, you try sleeping with a 18kg toddler on your head....

Pollux without seeing it I would say it's not soap scum but the enamel has pited with age and is in need of resurfacing. Gumption would remove soap scum.

LOL, nothing like that, just sprawled on the couch with very nice dry martini. If i really was MI6 i wouldn't be saying anything, but you'd probably be posting about someone swiping Sherman while your back was turned.

BTW, is anyone home right now Chappo?

Cheers 0.05SJ

Errr... Yes there is! 0.05 :lol:

Ammonia for soap scum. If Ammonia doesn't remove it, it's not soap scum.

Ohh.. yes, what Chap Chap said.

Right, straight out ammonia will be tested first......

Same goes for the oven cleaner if you go that way. Gave myself a nasty chemical burn with that shit recently.

I just downloaded 50 DS games.

Apparently my sister is getting pirated software for her birthday.

I'll be doing it on Monday when the little one is at childcare, and hopefully the wind will be up, we are in a good spot with windows on three sides of the apartment and positioned high in the suburb.

As for the feel, it's slick, but I noticed it has a run of lines through it, like someone has poured a cleaning solution along the rim on the bath and it has run down leaving clean white sections....

bath_009.JPG

Looks like it should clean off to me.

Looks like it should clean off to me.

+2

Pollux go to an commercial/industrial cleaning supplier they will have something that will budge that stuff. I suspect that you have a stain that has been sealed by another chemical agent. A mate and I years ago used to clean pubs for extra cash and pocket money. We used to come up against this kind of problem time and time again with china urinals and long drops.

Just had a MASSIVE chicken schnitzel and a pint of CPA. Super stuff.

Back