No-rinse Sanitiser I Bought

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supposedly there is a brewer in Perth with only one working eye from using it.

And he says hi! :D

I'll go 1 litre at $20 if anybody's willing to split one down the middle. 2 litres of that stuff would last an eternity and that's too long for me. I'd rather use it in conjunction with iodophor to shock my gear.

Sorry to go tightarse on yas. B)

Warren -

drhook.jpg

I also have/ use a similar product called HuwaSan from Jaysol Chemicles in Perth. IIRC it was about $35 for 5 litres.
100:1 dilution ratio at maximum, Htydrogen Peroxide based with silver ion which apparently stabilises it so shelf life is long term (years if no sunlight).
The main use that this stuff is marketed towards is spraying on fresh veges during packaging/ processing.
No nasty batches from my brewery so I'm happy :)
Highly reccomended.

As I said earlier, made up solution is good for a week, after 2 it is basically water

That's what worries me Stu. No way of knowing.

That's where I prefer iodophor... Colour goes and so does its effectiveness. At least you get the visual indicator though. :unsure:

Warren -

And he says hi! :D

I'll go 1 litre at $20 if anybody's willing to split one down the middle. 2 litres of that stuff would last an eternity and that's too long for me. I'd rather use it in conjunction with iodophor to shock my gear.

Sorry to go tightarse on yas. B)

Warren -

I'll split with you Warren. I was thinking 2 litres would take ages to use as well.

I've been diluting the 10% Hydrogen peroxide I got from the chemist at around 1 part to two parts water, is that still too strong? By the way, you can get some funny looks these days asking for bulk quantities of Hydrogen peroxide, or stronger percentages :blink:

That's what worries me Stu. No way of knowing.

That's where I prefer iodophor... Colour goes and so does its effectiveness. At least you get the visual indicator though. :unsure:

Warren -
FWIW I find that leaving it stored in my fridge gives me an extra couple of weeks before it looses its colour. :D

I don't think there's really any milage in extended storage of the made up solution - it's just handy to know whether it is still good the following day for example - and there is bugger all info on the Brewshield or Sanitize products. A week is more than enough if you ask me!

As for Iodophor, don't get me wrong I love the stuff - it's just no good for drenching around the place on brewday (unless you want everything to go yellow). It also has a relatively long recommended contact time (5mins) and is rapidly deactivated above room temperature - both of which leave it lacking a bit for your average home brewer in my book.

I don't think there's really any milage in extended storage of the made up solution - it's just handy to know whether it is still good the following day for example - and there is bugger all info on the Brewshield or Sanitize products. A week is more than enough if you ask me!

As for Iodophor, don't get me wrong I love the stuff - it's just no good for drenching around the place on brewday (unless you want everything to go yellow). It also has a relatively long recommended contact time (5mins) and is rapidly deactivated above room temperature - both of which leave it lacking a bit for your average home brewer in my book.

The Hersil/Hysan products will last many months diluted in a spray bottle.
I just fill a 1L spray bottle & remix once empty. At a mix rate of 1ml/L I don't bother reusing it.

cheers Ross

I've been diluting the 10% Hydrogen peroxide I got from the chemist at around 1 part to two parts water, is that still too strong? By the way, you can get some funny looks these days asking for bulk quantities of Hydrogen peroxide, or stronger percentages :blink:

Prob cos Hydrogen peroxide + your missus' nail polish remover = KABOOM!

Apparently blows the arse end off double decker buses..... :blink:

Prob cos Hydrogen peroxide + your missus' nail polish remover = KABOOM!

Apparently blows the arse end off double decker buses..... :blink:

No wanted on trans-atlantic flights either apparently :eek:

I've been looking for a cheaper and easier sanitiser as well.

Have you guys considered quaternary ammonium compounds? Jaysol has a large range of them available including a no-rinse one KILDET.

https://www.clayko.com.au/jasol/product.asp...ductGroupID=205
https://www.clayko.com.au/jasol/products.as...ductGroupID=205

Wikipedia has this in the antiseptic article:
Quaternary ammonium compounds
Also known as Quats or QAC's, include the chemicals benzalkonium chloride (BAC), cetyl trimethylammonium bromide (CTMB), cetylpyridinium chloride (Cetrim), cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) and benzethonium chloride (BZT). Benzalkonium chloride is used in some pre-operative skin disinfectants (conc. 0.05 - 0.5%) and antiseptic towels. The antimicrobial activity of Quats is inactivated by anionic surfactants, such as soaps. Related disinfectants include chlorhexidine and octenidine.

So it looks like you would need to use the cationic cleaners rather than normal soap, which could be expensive. Or maybe a good rinse after cleaning might be enough.

An unmentioned side-benefit to Iodophor is that a drop can be used to test for starch conversion at the end of your mash (obviously, in a separate test tray or white saucer to be discarded).

[报价名称='血红蛋白'日期='06年12月18日,上午10时38'后= '173186']
银一直是有趣的问题一段时间,盾牌型产品的制造商(过氧化物/银/稳定剂)的使用硝酸银。
中银硝酸银将与游离氯结合形成不溶性氯化银银,这将会为没有时间。氯化银是,如果内存的工作,是用来定义不溶性(ksp 10 ^ -19,但它是一个漫长的时间,所以不要引用我的)。
将有足够的可用氯左右,沉淀出在一个非常稳定的非活性形式的银,但我觉得没有必要担心商业sanitiser银的痕迹,但将永远存在,以获得足够的盐(NaCl)摆脱它为我们。

在净水银都以阻止藻类和细菌的生长,其数额是出来的水(洗脱)是微不足道的,直到用尽过滤器,那么你看到在银色洗脱上升,这是一个原因,你不应该把银/碳过滤器太远,另外明显的是,这一次不是过滤。

血红蛋白
[/报价]
Hello, Dear Sir:
I am a friend of China, I have been looking for you to say "Herlisil type sanitisen" products,I need the product components are: hydrogen peroxide 50% + Ag + 0.09%. Are you the distribution of "sanitisen" merchants do? I need a large number of such products imported from abroad and hope to cooperate with you. Thank you very much! The Earth is so big that they can recognize you are very happy! Is also a fate. Sincerely waiting for your reply, please send an e-mail to my e-mail. Welcome to China a guest! I do not understand English, there is the wrong place please forgive me.
My Contact: Phone +8613854452227 E-mail: [email protected]
Sincerely, Mr. songzengke

[报价名称='Wortgames'日期='二○○六年十二月十八日,日下午11:06'后= '173401']
冷静,感谢球员-我喜欢的Herlisil类型sanitiser越来越多。

他们列出其成分为:

过氧化氢50%
复杂的银离子0.09%
作为磷酸二氢1ppm的
水至100%

英文名国家戴上手套,并描述为'有温和的腐蚀性和刺激性'皮肤,但稀释率为5 - 100毫升,每公升根据申请,这似乎使相当类似的每升60毫升摩根的消毒-不这个声音吗?
[/报价]
Hello, Dear Sir:
I am a friend of China, I have been looking for you to say "Herlisil type sanitisen" products,I need the product components are: hydrogen peroxide 50% + Ag + 0.09%. Are you the distribution of "sanitisen" merchants do? I need a large number of such products imported from abroad and hope to cooperate with you. Thank you very much! The Earth is so big that they can recognize you are very happy! Is also a fate. Sincerely waiting for your reply, please send an e-mail to my e-mail. Welcome to China a guest! I do not understand English, there is the wrong place please forgive me.
My Contact: Phone +8613854452227 E-mail: [email protected]
Sincerely, Mr. songzengke

I can get the gist of what he/she's trying to say, but WTF is with this bit?

Chinese are prone to flattery in business dealings as a method of winning favor, so I can only assume it is supposed to be some sort of flattery.

Latest posts

Back