• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Complete Beginners Brewing Setup - Inc Temp Control Wine Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_pepper

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well im headin' overseas for a while, and got no where to store my brew setup so it has to go!

At this stage, looking to sell this complete (not selling anything separately)

This stuff is all really new, i've only done 5 batches in it

Hit me up a private message if you're interested

Cheers
Dr Pepper

HISENSE 29 BOTTLE WINE FRIDGE - MODEL HR6WC29
Temp control built in with temp range of 5degC-18degC (no need for installation of external temp control unit)
Over 2.5 years of factory warranty still remaining
I bought brand new from The Good Guys, and i still have the receipt
Check it out here: http://www.hisense.com.au/products/refrige...iled/type/7/157
Brews ales & lagers at the perfect temp
Fits 30L coopers fermenter perfectly

COOPERS HOME BREW KIT
*Coopers 30L fermenter (only ever cleaned with soft cloths, no scratches, good condition)
*Hydrometer + test tube
*Airlock
*Tap
*Bottling tube
*Big white mixing spoon
*Thermometer (on side of fermenter)

COOPERS PET BOTTLES
*6 x boxes of 15 Coopers PET Longneck bottles
Thats a total of 90 bottles (enough for 3 batches)
Most bottles have only been used twice (one box is still brand new)
These are all still stored in original coopers boxes, making them easy to store / transport / etc

BONUS EXTRAS
*Brewcraft orange bottle tree (holds up to 80 bottles)
*11.5 Litre "stock-pot" (perfect for making your wort)
*4 x 5 litre plastic food grade cubes / jerry cans (the water quality at my house is dubious, so i boiled 20L of water for each batch then cooled in these cubes overnight in the wine fridge - which also helps getting the temp of the wort down)
*Funnel to pour boiling water into cubes / jerry cans
*Full bottle of no-rinse sanitizer
*1L spray pump bottle for no-rinse sanitizer
*Full bottle of coopers sanitizer (use as a cleaner)
*Sieve for steeping grains
*Some left over carbonation drops
*2nd thermometer for inside the wine fridge
*Pack of rubber gloves
*Hand sanitizer
*Pack of soft wash cloths to clean fermenter

Basically this is everything you need to get started bar the actual ingeredients. And if you bought a home brew kit from the supermarket you'd have to figure out what to do with the the coopers can & "brewing sugar" that comes with the kit ! plus you wouldn't get all these extras

I researched the fridge thing extensively when i started, and this was the best option for me...i had limited space for a fridge and wanted something i could rely on for a few years without any trouble (hence buying brand new with a 3 year warranty), and didn't have the know-how or the connections to get an external temp control hooked up. so this works out as a great option if you are like me... as you just turn it on and set your temp, it doesn't take up much space at all, and you are safe in knowing that you've got over 2.5 years of factory warranty left on it if something goes wrong.

I'm asking $300 total for everything

Totally forgot to mention - pickup is in Sydney - in Tempe to be precise, which is near Sydney International Airport / Marrickville / St Peters

Geat idea with the wine fridge. Wish i had $300 to spare would def buy it.

Nope its just controlled by a dial, with 'min' to 'max'

Min being 5degC and max 18degC, and in between just figure out with trial and error, but its always easy

I am quite amazed this hasn't been taken already. I'm in Tassie and am spewing I can't get it!!

I wish i was home... I am overseas at the moment and i would have bought it in a heart beat...

HOME BREW KIT PART OF THIS IS SOLD

WINE FRIDGE IS STILL AVAILABLE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

IT RETAILS AT $400, ITS BASICALLY BRAND NEW, WITH 2.5 YEARS WARRANTY REMAINING

LISTED IT FOR $220 ON GUMTREE, HAPPY TO LET IT GO FOR $200 IF ANYONE ON HERE IS INTERESTED

GUMTREE AD: http://bit.ly/dX8s9Q

SEND ME AN EMAIL VIA GUMTREE IF INTERESTED

CHEERS
DR PEPPER

Back